Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodding Basics (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodding-basics/)
-   -   anyone heard of or used all-pro heads? (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/anyone-heard-used-all-pro-heads-227988.html)

Project89 01-05-2013 01:54 PM

anyone heard of or used all-pro heads?
 
fellow board member follwing my 427ci sb build on the camaro forums posted up a link to these guys and said if money allows i should give them a call , as they have heads that flow well over 400 cfm.

i was originally going to go with a set of afr 245 heads on my build but after looking at some of allpros stuff it seems like they may be the way to go.

problem is i cant find anyone who has used there stuff


anyways heres the link
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads, Inc.

im hoping on of u guys knows there stuff and can give me some feedback on there heads

Project89 01-05-2013 08:27 PM

anyone at all?

jaw22w 01-05-2013 08:38 PM

All Pro heads are used frequently on 410ci fuel injected, alcohol sprint car motors. These motors run from 850 to 900 HP. I have never owned a set these heads, but we have raced against them a lot. They seem to be at least on a par with brodix heads.

vinniekq2 01-05-2013 10:38 PM

there are a few heads that flow 400 plus CFM. They are not usually mentioned here.Who needs them? 900 hp is a lot of horses

Project89 01-05-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinniekq2 (Post 1631147)
there are a few heads that flow 400 plus CFM. They are not usually mentioned here.Who needs them? 900 hp is a lot of horses

well afr 245s witht he turbos i have picked out will make 1500hp prety darn easily.

but if i can pick up a different set of heads and make the same power at less boost why not.besdies the fact ir would prolly make more power off boost

my build is geared at the outlaw x275 racing class but since were not getting it at our local track i have no rules to follow so sinc eim still in the middle of building the engine i may as well get the best stuff i can afford

the afrs will get the job done for sure but why not go for something a lil better if possible

btw this is the flow chart on the afr 245's
http://www.airflowresearch.com/image.../sbc/245cc.gif

vinniekq2 01-05-2013 10:56 PM

any rule that says you have to use 23 degree heads?
Are you building your own headers? did you say 76 mm turbos?

Project89 01-05-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinniekq2 (Post 1631152)
any rule that says you have to use 23 degree heads?
Are you building your own headers? did you say 76 mm turbos?

im not building the engine/car to any class rules since outlaw x275 isnt comming to our track so i can run any head i want to

yes i will be building my own headers

right now im eyeing a set of 72 or 76 mm turbos but that could change as the engine comes together more. either pair of turbos will push me to 1,500+hp but if head choice changes the turbo choice may change as well


right now i have dart iron eagle block
crower crank
promod rods
i did not buy pistons yet cause i wasnt sure what head i was going with
once i have a set of heads on the way ill order pistons

vinniekq2 01-06-2013 12:09 AM

AFR 325s? or SB2.2

Project89 01-06-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinniekq2 (Post 1631178)
AFR 325s? or SB2.2

afr 325's are for big blocks the sb2.2 heads are a lil pricey once u complete them the afrs are 2,600 to my door, though anyway i look at it im going to have to run a sheetmetal manifold as ill need 2 injectors per cyl specially if i run this thing on e85 or methanol at the track/salt flats


we did build a 69 camaro with a sb2.2 and twin 70 mm turbos for a customer a few years back that car was flat out sick


anyone happen to have general flow numbers on the sb2.2 heads?

vinniekq2 01-06-2013 05:20 PM

the afr 325 cc SMALL BLOCK HEADS and sb2 series flow around the 400 cfm mark
325 cc AFRs are not 23 degree heads.

Project89 01-06-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinniekq2 (Post 1631489)
the afr 325 cc SMALL BLOCK HEADS and sb2 series flow around the 400 cfm mark
325 cc AFRs are not 23 degree heads.

cannot find them on afrs site anywere just a bbc 325cc head
Air Flow Research

vinniekq2 01-06-2013 05:51 PM

AFR 325 13.5 Deg Alum
398/253
63.6%
101/127
300/375
.647/.576
438/276
63%
112/138
330/409
.61/.539
@.6
@.7

Project89 01-06-2013 06:25 PM

link? they are not listed on afrs site

vinniekq2 01-06-2013 06:38 PM

Edelbrock 15 Deg CNC RFD Alum over 400 CFM
Dart Little Chief 11 Deg Ported MBE Alum
contact afr/dart/edelbrock direct. they make a few heads that will support mega power.18 degree down to 11 degree. All are special race products all pro heads also,they all make race heads.You need to talk to the techs to make sure the parts will live in your conditions.I see 2,000 HP possible,,,,not sure how .8 lift cams work with turbos

oldbogie 01-07-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project89 (Post 1630939)
fellow board member follwing my 427ci sb build on the camaro forums posted up a link to these guys and said if money allows i should give them a call , as they have heads that flow well over 400 cfm.

i was originally going to go with a set of afr 245 heads on my build but after looking at some of allpros stuff it seems like they may be the way to go.

problem is i cant find anyone who has used there stuff


anyways heres the link
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads, Inc.

im hoping on of u guys knows there stuff and can give me some feedback on there heads

Strickly race parts, very good track stuff where the rules allow them. Really intended for direct alcohol injection engines that never see duty off the race track, is that what you need them for?

Bogie


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.