Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anyone here shoot AkzoNobel water borne?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,218 Times in 1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyb
I figure they must not think your 18g a month is a viable income source for them, considering they aren't paying you that much attention. Can't say I'm not surprised.

As far as colors and blends, they (the painters) tell me that those were a breeze. Of course the shop owner says different as he thinks you should be able to panel paint everything and a quality system should match dead on (LOL!!). Don't get me started on that. The painters I talked to though, didn't seem to have problems there. So this has definately just now become an issue. My guess is they are trying to figure out a way to make it seem like it is your fault, or come up with a good explanation that is nothing but BS. As said before, it didn't use to be that way. I remember one time they came in an took about 3-4 different products off the shelf before I even opened them because they had a few reports in the area of something crazy going on. My batch numbers matched up and they pulled them and sent new the next day. They would have replaced same day if I was in a hurting. That kind of service from them has gone by the wayside as I am just a small shop.

Tell your boss to tell them you are bringing another paint company in to try them out, and they will be there next day if not THAT day trying to get solutions.
That is exactly what HE wants to do but the owner is focusing only on the big discount the Akzo is giving us! It's like I have said, we do $250k a month in sales that $18K is crap, if they gave it to us for free but we had to reshoot a couple of cars we are behind the eight ball!

The rep is VERY frustrated with the head painter. He like to blame everything on something outer than his application with EVERY problem he has ever had. You just can't get ahead when you have that attitude and the tech rep is VERY tired of it.

I don't blame him. This is one reason I went out there and sprayed the color and I will do more. I WANT to know how this stuff ticks, it doesn't seem the head painter does, the other guys are working hard to figure it out but the head painter is only pointing fingers at the product.

I know that tinting this stuff is a BEACH. My God the toners are strong, ONE DRIP will dramatically change the color.

Brian