Anyone on here use Powerhouse heads? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2008, 03:45 PM
BOOMER SOONER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Anyone on here use Powerhouse heads?

Just checking to see if anyone has used the Powerhouse brand small block heads? I found a set on their web site for $700. 190cc intake 64cc comb. 2.05/1.6 valves, big valve springs, retainers, 10* locks, good seals, etc...

Good buy? They are aluminum.

Thanks

Shawn

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2008, 03:48 PM
BOOMER SOONER

Last photo:

The web site that these heads were found on is enginekits.com Powerhouse performance.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:55 PM
1.21 giga-watts???!!!!

Dude, it has been asked and answered a thousand times before. $700 complete aluminum heads are going to be Chinese made junk and more problems than you can imagine. What the heck is another 300 bucks to buy some heads from a reputable manufacturer? Some of the best heads going are Edelbrock performers. Cast iron Bowtie Vortecs are great heads that you could get along with a manifold for one grr. $300 bucks over twenty years life of a head is what? .030 cents a week. They're only the most important part of your engine, why would you risk it?
Old 10-10-2008, 04:28 PM

Last photo:

Now now now.....settle down CRD! LOL
Old 10-10-2008, 08:55 PM
1.21 giga-watts???!!!!

Tryin' to be as nice as I can but how many people are gonna post questions like this? If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Don't people stop to think that there might be a reason a set of heads is $300 to $600 less than another set? This site is getting a little boring with the "has anybody tried [insert part of choice] cuz I found this deal on the internet...." Who knows, maybe somebody will answer his post and say to go for it. I'm just an anonymous person on the world wide web just like anybody else. Why my opinion would count over somebody doing the research on their own and coming to their own conclusion is beyond me. Caveat emptor.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Differential/Driveline

Last photo:

Dang! Someone must have had a bad day? Seemed like a simple question to me?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Differential/Driveline

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw
Just checking to see if anyone has used the Powerhouse brand small block heads? I found a set on their web site for $700. 190cc intake 64cc comb. 2.05/1.6 valves, big valve springs, retainers, 10* locks, good seals, etc...

Good buy? They are aluminum.

Thanks

Shawn
That does seem to be almost to good, might be a good idea to keep trying to find someone who has used them and get some feedback,and maybe e-mail them to see what they say about them.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:55 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet6t9
Dang! Someone must have had a bad day? Seemed like a simple question to me?
Really, and He didnt' even mention ProComp.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:34 AM

Last photo:

Just putting out a thought here. In following the same thinking, then when someone asks about the $4000 CNC race heads and a set of $1000 Edelbrock's, we'd have to assume that the Edelbrocks are junk and most likely no good and should only spend money on the 4 grand heads?

Not trying to start something or defend the cheap crap out there but it is entirely possible that the heads the OP asked about may just be an ok head with some advantages over a cast iron stock smogger head. It's also possible that those heads ARE junk and finding first hand personal experience with them will help him make a better decision. Not everyone can justify 300 bucks for an upgrade when their budget doesn't allow it.

Mark
Old 10-11-2008, 09:50 PM
1.21 giga-watts???!!!!

Sorry Mark, can't really agree with the premise of your last post. Edelbrock heads are proven performance pieces that are engineered and made in america. You know what you are getting with them. And.....they have a definite niche and will perform well when used in that niche. $4000 ported race heads will surely shame the Edelbrocks but they are for a different situation. The OP does not name a brand name for these heads, does not list the components included in the heads or the brands of those components, etc. It is just another typical post about some bargain that has been found but the person who found it doesn't have the cajones to purchase them without reassurances from people. IF these heads were truly a great deal at $700 bucks, many people would be running them and they would probably be a well known name by now. The fact that the OP has to ask about them because he has never heard of them should tell him that they are some knock off and not worth the trouble.

I mean, really, how many times do respected builders on here tout the Edelbrock's, Dart's, AFR's, and GM Vortec's to name the most commonly mentioned heads before people get the idea that YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!! But it's all good. As said before, caveat emptor.

Chet
Old 10-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Stroke Meister

Last photo:

Quote:
Dang! Someone must have had a bad day?
No where near the bad day the guy who buys new assembled heads for $700 is going to have when he finds out he's been had. Face the facts, no quality head, assembled with quality parts, is going to be so cheap. Cheap being the key word. I've got a nice brand new set of valve springs that retail for $450+ at any speed shop in the USA, add to those some quality valves, retainers, keepers, seats and some bare proven heads and you get the picture.

If not... Throw those el cheapos on and make a YouTube vid saying the $700 heads are some top shelf items cuz it runs, well, IMHO, is not the way to do it.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Differential/Driveline

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroke
No where near the bad day the guy who buys new assembled heads for $700 is going to have when he finds out he's been had. Face the facts, no quality head, assembled with quality parts, is going to be so cheap. Cheap being the key word. I've got a nice brand new set of valve springs that retail for $450+ at any speed shop in the USA, add to those some quality valves, retainers, keepers, seats and some bare proven heads and you get the picture.

If not... Throw those el cheapos on and make a YouTube vid saying the $700 heads are some top shelf items cuz it runs, well, IMHO, is not the way to do it.

I totally agree with you. But when I look at his first post,He is asking if anyone has used them and looking for some feedback, no reason to jump down the guy's throat, nothing wrong with checking out different stuff. I thought that is was what this place was for?
Old 10-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Differential/Driveline

Last photo:

Product Description
ONLINE ONLY SALE $699/pair**

POWERHOUSE 23° Aluminum cylinder heads (2) for SB Chevrolet. 190cc runner, 64cc chamber. Comes assembled with 11/32" stainless steel, swirl polished valves, new screw-in 3/8" studs, chrome moly guide plates, .550" lift (1.460" OD)dual valve springs, chrome moly valve spring retainers, 10° hardened valve locks, high-temp valve seals. Price is for two (2) heads.

Every Head Features:

• 3-angle valve job
• Rocker stud torque 50 ft. lbs.
• Spring pocket 1.575"
• Rocker - no offset required
• Intake valves 2.05" .100" Long
• Exhaust valves 1.600" .100" Long
• Valve angle 23°
• Intake guide material Manganeze Bronze
• Exhaust guide material Phosphor Bronze
• Hydraulic (Flat Tappet) Setup: 115lb Seat
• Solid (Flat Tappet) Setup: 140lb Seat
• Roller Springs (Hydraulic) to .650" : 140lb Seat
• Roller Springs (Solid) to .650" : 200lb Seat

Flow Numbers (Intake/Exhaust) in CFM:

.100 64/61
.200 128/115
.300 181/158
.400 227/190
.500 260/209
.600 277/227
.700 280/231
Old 10-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Living At The Speed Of Life

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw
The web site that these heads were found on is enginekits.com Powerhouse performance.
I did´nt see any heads made by Powerhouse listed there but was given a list of manufacturers, you did´nt end up at Patriot Performance did you ?
I see they list bare heads around $700.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:56 AM
BOOMER SOONER

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet6t9
I totally agree with you. But when I look at his first post,He is asking if anyone has used them and looking for some feedback, no reason to jump down the guy's throat, nothing wrong with checking out different stuff. I thought that is was what this place was for?
Thanks Prostreet6t9. At least some people on here keep an open mind. I am fairly new to this site, am on a limited budget, have a cool car that has a lot of parts already, am trying to use what I already have, and keep the hotrods on the road during these trouble times in the US! With that said, $700 for heads vs. $1000 is a big deal to me. That is what I was wondering. Saving an extra $300 will take a bit longer for me to do. I did a search on the heads I listed before posting and came up with nothing. Not to P_ _ _ in any ones Post Tosties! Thanks for the response from everyone. I will probably keep looking.

Shawn

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.