Anyone know a manufacture that provides spring sizes and rates - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2011, 02:36 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Anyone know a manufacture that provides spring sizes and rates

HI

Iím Building a one-off 3/4T Truck IFS Suspension with an unknown final Weight. Being a
truck I will be using a conventional Coil Spring in the range of 5.5Ē or 6.Ē OD.

To get this project on its wheels I need to fabricate the upper and lower spring pockets.
But to do this I need to make a decision on spring diameter and free length.

Most of the Web Sites I have found donít supply rates and free length for conventional
Coil Spring, just this vehicle or that vehicle and part numbers and tell me they canít help
me without knowing the exact spring I need.
The ones that do provide information are Very high priced racing springs, which I would
be forced to use if all else false.

Iím hoping someone out there in Hot Rod land has had this problem, and knows a solution!

Does anyone know a manufacture web site that provides front spring sizes and various rates?

ICE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Ice,
What you can do is make a rigid construction strut that bolts to the shock mounts..when you get on the wheels and have weights and dimensions then order springs. Just remove the struts and save them for the next project..

Sam
Old 05-22-2011, 04:05 PM

Try this www.eatonsprings.com/
Good luck
Old 05-22-2011, 06:23 PM

Last photo:

Anyone know a manufacture that provides spring sizes and rates

Eaton springs is a good one.
Cant remember if i talked to them.

What i was hoping for is, the high priced racing springs have listings for say a 12" X 5.5 spring in rates from something like 200 ( to little ) up to 900 ( to high for my need ) but they are 12" free length and 5.5 OD. So I can assume my truck is in there between 200 and 900 with say a 4" compression from free length. The above was for example purposes only.

With that info I could make the upper and lower attachment point, notch the frame if need be and tack them on. Then use the strut to fill in for the spring.

This way i can be doing something while wait for Parts or money to become available, and if it dose not work as planed I made the parts and just need to move or modify them to work.

That is why i was looking for a place that would have listings like the high priced racing springs have.

ICE

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.