Hot Rod Forum banner

anyone know the name of this cool tool?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  tech69 
#1 ·
This is like a more versatile pogo stick that can be used for many other applications other than just front ends. The old man has it and we couldn't figure out the name of it and were searching on the internet. If I can't find it I will make something similar.

See less See more
#3 ·
I think it was originally a tool to twist chrome bumpers back into position. It can be a great tool. I will make something like it but more basic. I will make just a pogo stick but with with pivoting foot pads but also with the ability to have a pivoting foot pad on something long so it can be used on frame rails and extend out to the lip of a bed side or quarter lip. This would allow it not to slip. Could be a real useful tool if done right. and also be used for supports.

This post has been deleted
#6 · (Edited)
I have a porto power but it's cumbersome at times. I want something quick where I can pull and hammer the highs. It can be made to be more versatile than a porto power when there's nothing to push off of. In essence, what I want to build is just a versatile pogo stick where the pivoting foot pad can be used with an extension for wheel openings, so the foot pad won't slide if it's on a rail in the wheel opening and you're working the lip around it, but also non extended like a pogo stick and the pivoting foot pad itself makes it more versatile than an average pogo stick. Simple tool to built but the shackles that would allow pieces to pivot would be where all the work is.

#7 ·
It's a body tool made for twisting and lifting GM doors with welded hinges and your right, it also twists steel bumpers back into alignment. I have a homemade one I made about 30 years ago and still use it at least once a week but for the life of me I cant remember what its called its one handy and useful tool if you put a chain attachment on it you can pull many damaged radiator supports too. I just call mine "Beaver" The lever

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.