Anyone know a price of camaro ss? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2003, 05:46 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Anyone know a price of camaro ss?

I wanna start looking for a used camaro SS. Anyone have an idea of how much id be looking at paying? i mean like a 2000-2001 or so. I like these cars and would love to have one. Maybe i could get a wreck rebuild or something, any ideas? Thanks. What do you guys think of these cars?

You know maybe i should just put this money into my 84 camaro im doing...hmmm decisions decisions.

Advertisement

Last edited by Rubberman2003; 08-29-2003 at 05:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2003, 05:48 PM
LT4 Pilot

Rubberman, check out:

www.autotrader.com

Looks like the Z-28's are in the 16k-20+k range. The SS is going to be higher in price.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:12 PM

Last photo:

You know for the money id spend on a SS i could finish my camaro and make it SUPER fast and have enough money to buy an gas mileage car, then buy another project LOL
Old 08-29-2003, 06:44 PM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:

Coming from someone that spends a lot of time on an LS1 board. If you look around you can find 98 - 00's as low as $12k, 01 - 02's are anywhere from $15k on up. One thing to realize is that an SS isn't any faster than a regular Z28 and you can get Z28 stripper models that are much lighter than the SS's so they are a little bit quicker. The only differences between the 98 - 00's & 01's & 02's are the 01 & 02's have the LS6 clutch & hydraulics, LS6 intake with no EGR, a different cam that is shared with the 6.0 Truck. The 01's & 02's usually dyno anywhere from 10 to 20 RWHP more than the earlier LS1's.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:53 PM

Last photo:

So what would you do Jamnut.... mind you im 18. But i have dos jobs.
Old 08-30-2003, 06:50 AM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:

I don't know what you should do. If you plan on Modding the SS you could take the money you save on a newer model & buy a 98 then take your savings and use them for mods. I can't tell you what to do. If you actually get an LS1 car I can give you advice on how to mod it. If you get an LS1 car you might lose interest in your project car.

The initial expense of buying an LS1 car might be kind of steep, but the cost of modding one isn't that bad. The parts are a little more pricey than the same parts for a regular small block, but the horsepower gains from the same mods are much better. You can see gains of over 10 RWHP just from a $125.00 Lid, Headers will get you 3 or 4 tenths in the 1/4th. Custom LS1 Edit tuning & dyno tuning can get you another couple of tenths.

If you look @ Gm High Tech Performance this month there are about 10 different cars that they test on the track. 1 or 2 of them are in the 11's with stock cam & exhaust manifolds, just bolt on's, ET Streets & Gears.

It took me about $500 worth of mods on my 02 Formula to go from a 13.10 @ 107 best stock time to a 12.59 @ 113 with just minor bolton's. Another $800 worth of Nitrous Equipment to get me into the 11's, but I don't run the Nitrous anymore, not because I was scared of messing up my motor, just because the Car is my wife's daily driver and she didn't like the idea of me spraying the motor. She is all for seeing the 11's NA though.

If you haven't seen my Formula Check my Photo Album, I have a Formula album in there. The Black car is the same exact car as the Orange / Copper car. Just got new rims & paint.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.