Anyone know washing machines? - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I have a roof vent, right at the wall where the pipe comes out, about 2 inches in. I ran my snake up it tonight to be sure it was clear, ran it the other way down past the clean out to be sure it was clear. Then I pulled out my work of art and put the same set up back in. I will see tomorrow, I know it's all clear so I know it will work as it did before, and being I have no lint trap, it will need a snaking in about 8 or 10 months.

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 09:00 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I have a 2004 frigidaire washer. It has no lint filter to clean, is there one hidden inside that gets clogged and bypassed or something? I am sick of going under the house and clearing the drain every year.

Brian
Brian this isn't a problem. The answer is very easy and works like a dream.

C4

BB
Old 11-10-2012, 10:06 AM

Last photo:

Ok, back under the house because the darn thing is still backing up! DAMN, I can't find a thing wrong so I am close to giving up I'll tell you that.

Brian
Old 11-10-2012, 10:34 AM

Last photo:

may i ask what kind of snake your using
Old 11-10-2012, 12:27 PM

Last photo:

Well, I don't know about a brand but it's a cheap piece of crap like this.

But I am about to go off and get one like this being the old piece of crap is about worn out.

Brian
Old 11-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Brian.....With all this trouble, we thought you might have been using a Garter Snake....
Old 11-10-2012, 03:10 PM

Last photo:

You can't believe what I have done now, I put one of those water hose things that blow up...

And now it's stuck in the pipe! I pushed it in about five feet (don't ask me why) and now it's stuck in there. There is a real good chance fellers I am going to have to cut out and replace this friggin pipe! All because of my stupidity!

Brian
Old 11-10-2012, 03:52 PM

Last photo:

maybe as the pressure bleeds off you can pull out the blowbag. you need a better and longer snake maybe you can rent a75 ft snake at home depot or lowes and snake it from the roof vent as your running the water. that s how i prefer to clear a clog
Old 11-10-2012, 03:52 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: $2500.oo Trans AM is home at last
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
You can't believe what I have done now, I put one of those water hose things that blow up...

And now it's stuck in the pipe! I pushed it in about five feet (don't ask me why) and now it's stuck in there. There is a real good chance fellers I am going to have to cut out and replace this friggin pipe! All because of my stupidity!

Brian
Holey cow!! Its like "Evil Eye Fleagle" has his eye on you !!!!!! What else will happen , I heard C-4 being mentioned earlier !

Sorry Man: I bet you Kicked the BAGEEBEES out of that washer LOL

Chris
Old 11-10-2012, 04:14 PM

Last photo:

It's drained fellas, I even cut the hose off about two feet from where it enters the clean out. I am now going under the house with some 1/4" rod to hopefully slip it in and push on the thing moving it in while I pull out on the hose and hopefully it will come loose. After that, I am ready to replace the friggin pipe tomorrow. We are talking 70 year old cast pipe. Whoopi!

Brian
Old 11-10-2012, 04:16 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59 wagon man View Post
maybe as the pressure bleeds off you can pull out the blowbag. you need a better and longer snake maybe you can rent a75 ft snake at home depot or lowes and snake it from the roof vent as your running the water. that s how i prefer to clear a clog
I will be looking at that next time. The thing is this clean out has worked so well in the past. I am going to go your route next time and we will see.
This learning on the run sucks! It's why I do what I can for the newbe doing his body and paint at home, I know how bad it SUCKS with a steep learning curve.

Brian
Old 11-10-2012, 04:42 PM

Last photo:

How much water is discharged from the washer before it backs up. That might give a distance to look at. We had roots from outside come up the sewer line and headed for the kitchen that plugged the sink drain.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:30 AM

Last photo:

It goes for a while, I am thinking it's something over where that line hits the main waste line along the foundation. I will find out today being I still have work.

BB, you won't believe this, so I went and bought a 10' 1/4" metal rod and got under the house and I stuck that metal rod into the pipe slid it in until I was able to hit the inflator thingie on the end of the hose. I hit it, then pulled out on the hose and nothing, did this a number of times and it just didn't budge. You know when you are in a situation like this under a car or something where you're laying on your back and the blood rushes out of your arms and you have to lay back down on your back after fighting with it for only a very short while? Well I did this over and over and nothing. I was about to get out the saw and start cutting on the pipe and then thought, there is no way, for goodness sakes THIS should be able to work. I worked with it for a while more and all of a sudden the sucker came out! I could have friggin cried!

So I capped it back up and dragged everything from under the house (this spot by the way is ALL THE WAY over to the other side of the house from the access "door" (it's 11" tall and 20" wide) and was simply sliding the tools into the garage under my car and not even going to put them away. I was thinking this is it, I am hitting the couch, I have HAD it today.

So I am putting the tools away and I look over from the garage to this clean out that is under the kitchen window. I figure, what the hey I will see if I can unscrew that cap and run the snake into there. This is right where the drain I was cleaning under the house and the kitchen sink drain meet at the main waste line. So I grabbed my pipe wrench and went over to remove the cap. It got ready for a big fight and gave it a bit grunt and it came off SUPER easy..........CRAP!

The friggin pipe broke off in the wall! So today my plan is to clean up the threads (am thinking that is going to be a FAIL) and replace the pipe. The good thing is I found this area was packed with crap and my sink will now run free. If only my washer drain works after all this, all will be good.

If not, I will likely be calling a plumber but I may just go rent the big boy and go up on the roof to the vent. I am just getting REAL tired of this project.

Brian
Old 11-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Or...burn the house down.......Good luck Brian
Old 11-11-2012, 10:43 AM

Last photo:

I have to tell you, you guys may remember my friend Steve who has CP and confined to a wheel chair and has been since 5 years old. I modified my Rambler for him? Anyway, he calls me at the most inopportune times, at work, when I am busy, you know the calls. One of my combats against defeat when I am doing something like this under the house and just disgusted with the whole thing, beat from exhaustion I will say to my self "I am healthy enough to do this, thank God, others aren't" and I will often think of Steve. Well I had just gotten the hose out of the pipe and I had fallen over on my back and was litterally wanting to take a nap right there under the house, it was such an elation to have that problem GONE. Well my cel phone rings (kept in a sandwich bag in my pocket so it does't get full of dirt ) and I look at it and it's Steve! I never wanted to talk to him so bad, I love this guy and like I say he works SO HARD to just live, to get from his chair to his bed he works harder than I did on this pipe. So here he is on the phone and he just got home from the Goodguys show that I was missing this time for the first time in a couple of years. He had an extra ticket given to him and wanted to give it to me for today. I still won't be able to go, but DAMN hearing his voice was so nice, right at the perfect time.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
cobalt327 (11-11-2012)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.