Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anyone making big power with Cheap EFI setup
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 05:16 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Furgal View Post
SAME REASON PEOPLE ARE NOT STILL USING A 386 computer...
the chips are not fast enough..

batch fires all 8 at the same time.. so the caculations are 8 times less than senquential
bank fires in sets of(in the v8 case) sets of 4
and the caculations are 6 times less than senquential..
senquential fires the injectors and times the engine as 8 single cyl engines..
it takes 8 times the speed and power the ecu that controls my tbi on my fiero does.. or any batch system ..

ya I could run windows xp on my old 133 computer if I wanted to start booting it up a day before I use it.. but the power and speeds not there..

I plan on a dual stage nos system.. I can't have it somewhat close. it has to be spot on.. a little lean and toast..
efi is a computer.. cpu speed and power is EVERYTHING.
So I take it neither of you have any experience with EFI? Any one who's worked with both carbs and EFI knows you're full of bull. A Bosh Jetronic system can be used for an engine making 500hp with no problems as long as it's tuned right- and that's from the early 70's!

As far as violent power, that has nothing to do with turbo or NA, you can have smooth power or power that comes on like a light switch with either system. Work with a few enignes and this quickly becomes quite apparent.