Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anyone making big power with Cheap EFI setup
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 09:00 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
Ok so i will just post the damn link.

Jetronic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

K jetronic is based on desil engine style cam driven pump its mechanical. For sure i have rebuilt the unit before. L in your 280 had electrical injectors. Most of the systems dont. Im sure the mechanical K style systems are in your performance out of print book. I know i actually read that book.

You should put a v8 with twin turbos and a powerglide in your 280z then back half the car and install 4 link style shortened 9 inch with big tires. Run it with the ms1. And nos lots of nos!! It may not be what you are looking for but i felt like giving you some unrelated and unwanted advice. Enjoy!

I was not aware of the K-jetronic with the spider arrangement (like a Vortec 4.3L) It may be entirely mechanical, I can't say for sure. The jetronic systems I'm familiar with have injectors.

The 280z is actually just getting a simple T5 302 swap, engine is built to put out about 325whp or so, which is more than I need on the street, and more than I should be running through the T5. I thought about doing a small nitrous shot but I don't want to replace the trans. The whole thing is on hold right now until I get some extra play money though.