Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anyone making big power with Cheap EFI setup
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 09:02 PM

Last journal entry: was hoping for better than this
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project89 View Post
the fuel presure effect is only bad in batch mode if u dont have a fuel pump capable of supplying enough volume. for most ppl who build stuff this isnt an issue.

sequential will slightly extend how much hp a pump is good for and i mean slightly.

batch or seqential if u see fp droping at injector opening u need a bigger pump

in case of milage it really dont make a difference it may lean a cyl ever so slightly, ewere talking about maybe a 2 psi drop on a poorly designed fuel system with batch fire. and fuel presure will recover normally before the next injector firing

if u had this issue with abatch fire system u could calculate how much less fuel is being injected during the presure drop in the rail but 2-3 psi isnt going to make that much of a difference

heres some big power cars running everything from ms1 to ms3
The Cars

the ls1 silverado that makes
1000+ whp and 1050+wtq
is running ms1 with extra code

the hardware is more then capable of what any of us need.
unless ur some top tier racer who needs every last 1/4 hp u can get out of somethign megasquirt will work, and do a great job

i trust my ms1 on my camaro to 8500 rpms controlling fuel ignition and 2 stages of nitrous, along with an antilag system and a traction control system it has never missed a beat. thats a whole lot of calculations it needs to do before every injection and spark event more so then an engine with just seqential injection and ignition
why would batch need any more volume than senquental..?
it's not adding 8x the fuel into the engine or it run pig rich.. same fuel amount if it comes out one injector or 4(bank) 8 (batch) or the intake floor would be a pond mighty fast..