Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anyone making big power with Cheap EFI setup
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 10:56 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
i believe you but wasnt looking for something to run off tables want to use wide band and have it adjust. You are doing table swaping so it kind of fakes it but its not fixing it on the fly. I can do static tables with stock gm ecu. I understand your system works great for you bit i am still leaning toward ms3 and some goodies to go with it. Still should be close to my 1000 price tag.
it does corrections on the fly, real time barro, air temp and coolant temp etc etc and of course wideband feedback...

any ecm u use is going to use tables it has to

my normal recomendation to anyone looking to use a megasquirt is go ms 2 v3.0 since it comes ready for stepper and pwm idle valves, and low-z injectors

ms1 cannot run stepper idle control valves which is the biggest difference the 2.2 board with ms1 wont run low-z injectors without some mods between ms1/2 besdies the actual cpu inside the unit

the ms3 is nice specially with its onboard sd card dataloging and its extra inputs and outputs with the 3x board

on certian engines like say the 3.8 grand national engine or max effort race engines were fueling can vary from cyl to cyl the ms3 is great for ind cyl fuel and spark trims
90-95% of the ppl dont need this option
specially when the ms1/2 is capable of runing the same engine

all the same if i could have iwould have went ms3 on my twin turbo iroc just for the sd datalogging