Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anyone recognize where these pics are from?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 07:21 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Anyone recognize where these pics are from?

I was just given these pictures by a woman from our church. I believe, although I don't know for certain, that her first husband (now deceased) worked for a printing plant, W.A. Krueger Co, and that these were some sort of "proofs" or set-up print run for a book published by Peterson Publishing.

The photos are attached to one another in groups of 8 like galleys and some of the pages still have the registration markings on them that would be associated with the initial press run. The first photo shows some of the sheets spread out on our table. If you flip the sheets over, there are pictures on the other side of each page. Interestingly, there is a perforation around each page so they can be separated fairly easily. And the reason the cars are not all facing the same way is that this is the way they are attached to one another in the galley sheets.

I think the book or special magazine title was "Street Rod Pictorial" but all I have is the page that says "Pictorial" (it's the lower photo) and a brief line in the text that includes that title. This page also has a copyright notation for 1969 by Peterson Publishing, so I'm guessing that it was either published in '69 or possibly early 1970.

Do any of you old timers recognize these photos or have this book/magazine in your collection? I really like some of these old photos and I'm thinking about separating the pictures and having them framed and mounted. But I'd like to know a bit more of the history of the publication before I start ripping the sheets apart.