Hot Rod Forum banner

Anyone run M&H street/strip tires?

12K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  xxllmm4 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, Im looking for a new set of tires and it looks like most who has used a set of M&H tires has been happy with them. These are the tires I'm looking at P275/60-15 has anyone run these on the street? I'm pretty sure their bias ply and also called "muscle car drag tires". How many miles could I expect on a set? any other info would be appreciate.

Thanks

#2 ·
I didnt run that exact tire but I sold a Lightning last week that I ran two other M&H Tire Set Ups on and I was VERY HAPPY with both

I ran M&H Racemaster Drag Radials (28x13.5)
And I also ran the M&H Cheater Slicks (30x14.0)
(which is a Non Radial and I assume Bias Ply)
Both had amazing grip and I had no issues with the Cheater Slicks on the Street.

And both hooked like a MF on the Street & Strip :thumbup:

As for longevity you know the deal, the softer the compound the shorter the life of the tire. I would only expect 10-15 K out of them
but I only put 2 or 3K on my fun car/truck per year so it isnt bad for me

I also run a Bias Mickey Thompson Sportsman Pro's on my current Prostreet Sierra (33x21.5) and on my Former Prostreet Nova.
Although the longevity on them also sucks I like that you can air them down and the sidewall wrinkles like a drag slick.
I only have 2600 mile on my current set and they're wearing already (then again I have a Blown 502 and spin them constantly :mwink:)

#3 ·
Thanks for the info, I have just herd a lot of horror stories about some drag radials lasting only 1-2K miles on the street. So I was hoping the M&H would last longer. BTW the tires I was looking at had a "703" tire compound. I cant find any info on M&H compounds.

The only experience I have had with the Mickey Thompson sportsman pros was a friend of mine who had a HUGE set on a pro street Anglia, as you can imagian this thing was squirly as hell!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.