Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anyone see anything wrong/missing with the products I found?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by paint dude View Post
Reading through your post, after you strip your car to metal you can use dplf for a primer.Dplf is not intended to be sanded, Its a primer not a surfacer,I use Dps 3055 as my surfacer, sands every well and has not shrinkage. Do not use dz3 Its a laquer based product, You want a 2k product all the way up.Also I personaly wouldnt use Dplf for a sealer, I used to use it faithfully till the new products came out.Using Dplf lines for a sealer will shrink back as it drys, Use Das 3025 for your sealer, Dc4000 is a great clear I use it everyday.
"Paint Dude" is right, DPLF was not intended to be sanded, it's an epoxy primer to help minimize corrosion. As I mentioned in my earlier posts DZ3 is not a product I would purchase for your project...I don't think the OP ever wanted wanted to use the DPLF line as a sealer and I still maintain that a sealer is not required at all if your car is prepped properly...I have explained why and stand fast on the sealer issue...just not required (unless you want to bury sins that where left when the vehicle was prepped, othe rthan that it serves no purpose)...And yes the DC4000 is a very good clear...with the D894 suggestion I was just giving the OP options.

Ray