Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anyone tell me what engine & tranny this is?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRHeloPilot View Post
You're too kind. If this looks good then it'll look insane when I'm done. Did you notice the brake booster is pointing into the air? They took it off the car which I suspect has a slanted firewall and just bolted it on my truck which has a vertical firewall. I already cut the mount and welded it back on so it's fixed.

Did you see below the booster? They added a 15 " piece of metal to mount the brake line "distributor" (sorry don't know what it's called. The thing that sends the fluid from the booster to the 4 lines. ) instead of just bending the lines and mounting it below on the frame.

Don't get me started the previous owners I think just wanted it to work around the yard or down the road and back.

I removed all the wiring and I'm going to replace it and rewire it myself because I think they had stock in a electrical tape company. They taped EVERYTHING. I spent hours just removing tape so I could figure out what the wires were for before I remove it all from the cab.

Let me stop because I could on for hours but at least I know that with help from my neighbor and buys like you on this forum I'll make it a really nice and above all a safe reliable ride.
Yes Carlos, I noticed all that stuff....what I looked at was the actual cab itself...it looks pretty good. This is work in progress, it's not supposed to look pristine yet...The cab looks straight and trust me I've seen a lot worse. If it was done it wouldn't be a project.

Happy to help
Ray
The Following User Says Thank You to 69 widetrack For This Useful Post:
PRHeloPilot (10-28-2012)