Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anyone tell me what engine & tranny this is?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 07:58 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Vinnie - I know is was humor. I just tried to look like I know at least about helicopters since this car restoring stuff is trying to kick my butt.

Ray - The front "I was told" is from a '79 Camaro. I'm confirming everything as I go. I want to use the rear from the '95 TransAm can't use the brake system because it's ABS and has electrical wires coming in and out of it which I suppose means some kind of computer somewhere. I decided the if I can avoid it the only thing computerized I want in my truck is my electronic ignition and my music radio.

I went and found out that a 1979 Corvette has 4 wheel disc brakes and the master cylinder can be purchased in stock at O'Reilly's in the CARDONE brand for only $17.99

Cardone Remanufactured 10-1749 - Master Cylinder | O'Reilly Auto Parts

At Autozone I can special order the FENCO brand for the same price

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...ier=23325_0_0_

and finally they sell the CARDONE also at Summit Racing:

A1 Cardone Remanufactured Master Cylinders 100-101749 - SummitRacing.com

If you can confirm that this will do what I need AND if I find tomorrow that it mates well with my booster, I'll buy it and then I'll have put that issue to rest and can move on to the next headache, I mean issue to resolve, as I enjoy this rebuild If it doesn't mate with my booster I'll start another search to find a car that has 4 disc brakes and has a master cylinder I can get locally at a reasonable (not race car part) price. I figure brakes are too important to go buy used at the junk yard where I might then have to rebuild it so I'll just buy it at the store but I want to get it local to make sure it fits my booster.

Cobalt - I couldn't find any stamp other than HOLLEY and the numbers I took pictures of here. Hope this helps determine what carb I have. Regarding the Ford rear since I've come across so many shortcuts in the way this thing was built and they had told me it was also a Camaro rear, there's no way I can trust this rear to be reliable and at least with the TransAm rear I know what I have and can get parts when needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1398.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	696.4 KB
ID:	68731   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1403.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	774.6 KB
ID:	68732   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1400.JPG
Views:	59