Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anyone tell me what engine & tranny this is?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 11:07 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
Sorry it took so long to get back to you but I had a meeting that went a little longer than originally thought.

Now your brake situation.

Use a Raybestos MC #39052 (you can get your local parts store to cross this number over to Cardone or Fenco part numbers) and a disc/ disc prop valve on a stock 79 Camaro disc/drum booster. This master is spec'd for a 1980 Corvette not 79, it may cross to the same number. It works and is cost effective.

The proportioning valve used is a PV-4. Check out a valve at your parts store and see if you already have one on your truck(I know you said you weren't sure anymore if it was 79 Camaro). If you have trouble with the PV-4 number working at your parts store let me know and I'll see if I can cross it over.

This should work for you and happy braking.

Let me know how it all works out.

Best Of Luck
Ray
Are you kidding me? No need to apologize for anything. I'm so grateful for everyone's help here it's not even funny !!

I looked up the Raybestos MC #39052 and JC Whitney has it for the 1980 Corvette. They also have the Cardone for the same car and it's the same part# as the one I previously found for the '79 Corvette so I'm in luck because O'Reilly's website says they have it in stock in all of their stores around here. It must be a popular MC.

Found the PV-4 here. Haven't found it anywhere local but I'll keep searching

74-96 Chevy/GMC Workhorse "P" 1 Ton JF9 Type Van Front Disc/ Rear Disc Proportioning Valve at Carolina Classic Trucks