Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anyone tell me what engine & tranny this is?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 01:13 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRHeloPilot View Post
Cobalt - I couldn't find any stamp other than HOLLEY and the numbers I took pictures of here. Hope this helps determine what carb I have.
Are you sure there's no list number located in the general area of the red circle below? The number should be 3310 (based on the 6R 6931 casting number) followed by a "dash" number. In your case this would be -2 or higher. The dash number is for showing changes or revisions to the basic carb.

Other things about the carb:

Has vacuum secondaries, it's a 'dual feed' w/center pivot floats and has what's called 'cathedral' float bowls, it's a model 4160 w/a 'squarebore' bolt pattern (as opposed to a spreadbore, like the Quadrajet carb uses. The factory specs are in the link above.

Quote:
Regarding the Ford rear since I've come across so many shortcuts in the way this thing was built and they had told me it was also a Camaro rear, there's no way I can trust this rear to be reliable and at least with the TransAm rear I know what I have and can get parts when needed.
Just wondering if you have researched the new rearend. You can get parts for it, sure. You can get the same parts for a Ford rearend and the chances are good to excellent the Ford rearend will be a stronger unit to boot. About the only thing the T/A rearend has going for it is disc brakes. But if you have made up your mind to use the 7.625" rearend, then so be it.
The Following User Says Thank You to cobalt327 For This Useful Post:
PRHeloPilot (10-31-2012)