Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anyone tell me what engine & tranny this is?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:37 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Only numbers on that carb are the ones I posted in those pictures. I looked everywhere on it with a strong flashlight to be absolutely sure. I'm telling you this truck was half-assed put together and nothing makes sense. The only good thing is that when I'm done with it I'll know so much about it that I'm going to keep it forever.

My mechanic also looked at the rear. The only way we know its a Ford is because it's stamped on it but there aren't any other numbers either. It also doesn't have a tag attached like other Ford rears. Based on the pictures of the link you posted my best guess is that it's a 8.8" rear end. It looks exactly the same on the back and it has 10 bolts.

This thing is a total mystery and that's why I'm exchanging parts on it that I know where they come from. The T/A rear also has emergency brake system already. If I kept the Ford I have to add discs and emergency brakes and I still don't know its condition. That alone makes it easier to buy the new MC and valve, specially when I already bought the donor T/A.