Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anyone tell me what engine & tranny this is?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 08:44 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
if your going to replace all the bushings and you have the car in front of you, would it be easier to replace the mounts (as my friend in Alberta said) with the control arms off the car? If it is easier, maybe wait until then, unless it conflicts with something else.

Talking about trust, as you may have noticed, below the heading "69 Widetrack" I have my mantra. Faith, Respect, Trust. I try to live by these 3 words and I'll explain them to you.

If I ask you to do something, it's because I have "faith" in you that you will and can do it.
If you do it, I will "respect" you.
If you do it often enough, I will "Trust" you.

Just something that has helped me through life.

Ray
Sounds very wise. When you say :

" If you do it often enough, I will "Trust" you. "

It would work both negative and positive:
If they do it often enough and keep screwing it up = bad
If they do it often enough and learned from their mistakes and now do it right = trustworthy

I'll remove the control arms, sway bars, everything tomorrow so I can then get to the mounts.

No hurry since I have scheduled this entire week to do that plus clean and paint the engine block, clean all acc's attached to the engine (water pump, power steering pump, etc.), remove the rest of the brake lines from the frame, get the frame down to nothing on it so I can take it to the sandblaster NEXT Monday. I was hoping to do that this week but my schedule has to be flexible because I keep running into these little issues that make me have to research and then come here to confirm my results and then get them shot down with the correct way to do them

Well even if I get my conclusion shot down on how to do something, the time I spent researching definitely helped me learn more about my truck so it's time well spent. I also hated when an employee brought to my attention a problem but didn't bring me a possible solution with it. That told me the employee didn't even try to fix it = lack of initiative = soon to be ex-employee.