Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anyone tell me what engine & tranny this is?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:35 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Updating :

Finally got the call from the guy who sandblasts and rebuilds antiques and hot rods. His name is Shaun and I had to wait for him because he does great jobs and charges a lot less than what the other guy charges. Now that he's done with sandblasting the frame I'll have him sandblast the cab.

I installed the disc brake rear and I also received the fiberglass front end so I took the front end and cab to Shaun and he's going to put it together and correct the issue I have with the frame. It turned out the frame was almost 1" off to one side. That's why one tire was flush with the fender and the other side tire was tucked inside. Anyway he's going to remove the front clip and weld it all on correctly. It also turns out my front clip is from a '71 Camaro not a '79, big surprise right? NO !

So I'm now attacking the engine while he does his magic. Once he finishes I'll bring everything home to correct drop the engine in and get the driveshaft installed for the new rear, start on the body work issues, rewire a new harness and install it, install the new steering wheel column, brake system, .......... until we get everything running great then off the paint (looks like a few months away still).

So there we are, updated. On the job front tomorrow I should if I'm getting the interview for a really great job, great helicopter, great company and just under 6 hours away.

I'll post a few pics now:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	q - DEC 1, 2012  On the way to sandblast 1.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	511.3 KB
ID:	69790   Click image for larger version

Name:	q - DEC 1, 2012  On the way to sandblast 3.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	468.1 KB
ID:	69791   Click image for larger version

Name:	q - DEC 6, 2012  after sandblast 5.JPG