Anyone tell me what engine & tranny this is? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2012, 08:43 PM
www.krusinklassics.net

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

FWIW I use type f in all my GM trannys. The only difference I know of is Dex has friction modifiers and type f does not. So, as I understand it, you'll have less clutch slippage when using type f in GM trannys. I've had a couple of TH400s with 100k on them without issue.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 08:48 PM

Last photo:

Thanks. I'm just missing 1/2 a quart so I'll just wait until I take it to the shop and get all the info. This way I get it checked out and it'll get new oil anyway.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Good idea...but it's one of those things that they wouldn't know what the transmission is like until they get inside it and check. I would recommend you talk to people that you know and whom they'd recommend. If all is working well, maybe all you need to do is have it resealed and put it back in the truck...always a good idea to talk to people and have them give you a reference. Chances are, if like you say it's working well, and for what it sounds like the type of driving you want to do, that the trans is in decent shape.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:57 PM

Last photo:

One of my other neighbors is a mechanic and has his shop in town. I'll ask him who he takes his transmissions to when he gets a client with problems. I know he doesn't rebuild them there.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Hey Carlos...when you get a minute can you tell me what type of intake you have...name and part number. I was just looking at the picture you took and it looks fairly tall...it could be just the picture but let me know, I may have more questions for you.

Ray
Old 10-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRHeloPilot View Post
One of my other neighbors is a mechanic and has his shop in town. I'll ask him who he takes his transmissions to when he gets a client with problems. I know he doesn't rebuild them there.
Perfect...that's exactly what you need to do. He may even be able to go through it himself...on the side???
Old 10-28-2012, 09:18 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
Hey Carlos...when you get a minute can you tell me what type of intake you have...name and part number. I was just looking at the picture you took and it looks fairly tall...it could be just the picture but let me know, I may have more questions for you.

Ray
I don't know about him doing anything on the side, he owns the shop, but he might know enough to open it and clean it and reseal it or whatever. I'll find out.

I have no clue what intake it is so I took these 2 pictures. If you need any other angle let me know. We removed the cab today so it's all in the open easy to get to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1388.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	634.0 KB
ID:	68663   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1389.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	433.3 KB
ID:	68664  
Old 10-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Well Carlos you do have a nice Edelbrock Performer Intake and a Holley Carb. Nice start. The reason I asked id because in the picture the intake looked quit tall and sometimes that may reflect something fairly high performance. The Performer Intake should work well for you. Nice and clean as well.

As far as your neighbor, that's an excellent start, if he can't do it I'm sure he can put you in touch with the right people. He has to live close to you so he won't want to steer you wrong.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:35 PM

Last photo:

It does have a mild cam in it. I'll post a video on youtube and give you the link real quick. If I could post a video here I'd do it but it seems only pictures.

The video was taken by me before we removed the cab and replaced the radiator mount. You might even notice the cab is mounted sideways. I also rerouted the tranny oil cooler lines which you see way up in the air to beside the frame. All wiring is now out and so is the everything else. The cab is bare sitting on the side of the house right now. It was a total mess but it's getting a lot better. I decided to tear it down completely so it'll be a reliable daily driver on a modern suspension and brake system but still a '49 F1 to cruise around in.

Here's the link :

OCT 11, 2012 1 - YouTube

If I'm not supposed to post links to youtube here let me know and I'll remove it quickly.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Looks good Carlos, I think your going to have nice ride when your done...Keep up the good work.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:53 PM

Last photo:

You're too kind. If this looks good then it'll look insane when I'm done. Did you notice the brake booster is pointing into the air? They took it off the car which I suspect has a slanted firewall and just bolted it on my truck which has a vertical firewall. I already cut the mount and welded it back on so it's fixed.

Did you see below the booster? They added a 15 " piece of metal to mount the brake line "distributor" (sorry don't know what it's called. The thing that sends the fluid from the booster to the 4 lines. ) instead of just bending the lines and mounting it below on the frame.

Don't get me started the previous owners I think just wanted it to work around the yard or down the road and back.

I removed all the wiring and I'm going to replace it and rewire it myself because I think they had stock in a electrical tape company. They taped EVERYTHING. I spent hours just removing tape so I could figure out what the wires were for before I removed it all from the cab.

Let me stop because I could on for hours but at least I know that with help from my neighbor and guys like you on this forum I'll make it a really nice and above all a safe reliable ride.

Last edited by PRHeloPilot; 10-28-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:01 PM

master cylinder sends out the pressurized fluid,,,
standing by waiting for tube link?
Old 10-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRHeloPilot View Post
You're too kind. If this looks good then it'll look insane when I'm done. Did you notice the brake booster is pointing into the air? They took it off the car which I suspect has a slanted firewall and just bolted it on my truck which has a vertical firewall. I already cut the mount and welded it back on so it's fixed.

Did you see below the booster? They added a 15 " piece of metal to mount the brake line "distributor" (sorry don't know what it's called. The thing that sends the fluid from the booster to the 4 lines. ) instead of just bending the lines and mounting it below on the frame.

Don't get me started the previous owners I think just wanted it to work around the yard or down the road and back.

I removed all the wiring and I'm going to replace it and rewire it myself because I think they had stock in a electrical tape company. They taped EVERYTHING. I spent hours just removing tape so I could figure out what the wires were for before I remove it all from the cab.

Let me stop because I could on for hours but at least I know that with help from my neighbor and buys like you on this forum I'll make it a really nice and above all a safe reliable ride.
Yes Carlos, I noticed all that stuff....what I looked at was the actual cab itself...it looks pretty good. This is work in progress, it's not supposed to look pristine yet...The cab looks straight and trust me I've seen a lot worse. If it was done it wouldn't be a project.

Happy to help
Ray
The Following User Says Thank You to 69 widetrack For This Useful Post:
PRHeloPilot (10-28-2012)
Old 10-28-2012, 10:06 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
master cylinder sends out the pressurized fluid,,,
standing by waiting for tube link?
The link is on Reply # 24

The master cylinder I guess is the red one and it goes to the smaller one below it that sends it to the 4 brakes. That's the one I don't know the name and it's just hanging there 15" off the frame because they were lazy.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:15 PM

the engine sounds quite decent.Keep the weight down,up date that racing seat and have fun,,,,all good

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.