Hot Rod Forum banner

Is anyone using Archer lubricants?

4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  genr8rs 
#1 ·
I have a friend that is a rep for Archer lubricants. I am installing a rebuilt Ford 9" center with posi that needs a friction additive, a new 383 sbc with flat tappets, and a new 700R4 trans. Archer has products for all of these. I know everyone has their favorites but Archer is trying to get into the auto market and their products seem comparable or even superior to some other products on the market. I am looking for feedback. Thank you.

#2 ·
Hi,
I've never heard of the Co. But that doesn't mean much, I miss a lot of new things.

"their products seem comparable or even superior to some other products on the market."

How are you qualifying that statement? Have you don testing? or just going by what is written by the co.? Do you know some people who have used this cos. products with exceptional results? Are they having another co doing the blending of there products? Who?
Rich

#3 ·
Is anyone using Archer lubricants.

Archer lubricants is very large in farming, and heavy equipment. I also did research on their products and compared as much comparable spec data as I could find. I originally started looking at their oil. It has the needed sink levels I need for the flat tappet with out adding it.

#10 ·
Thank you tango for the list. I see the info is from 1991. I'm new to this and Im not advertising for any body Cobalt327. Here is the link to Archer oil. www.archeroil.com. If you go to their products page you will find lubricants listed by categories. Then click on the category you are checking and then click on the spec sheets for that product. I dont want any one going on a shipe hunt for the info.

#13 ·
I really wouldn't want to be a test mule for an unknown product that's as important to a motor vehicle's longevity - that is without some sort of compensation. That Archer lubricants list while impressive, it is not a widely sold product (at least over the road) so really doesn't have a track record of millions of users. I might consider their chassis lube and maybe even the gear lube - but not the engine oil until I knew a lot more about it regardless of what the MSDS says are its constituants.

Dave W

#15 ·
Don't know squat about Archer lubes, but i do know it has huge shoes to fill if it claims to be better than Ford OEM traction additive. I have tried several of the highly advertised friction modifiers and none do as good a Job as the OEM Ford product. FWIW it has not been proven to me on any oil enough to switch from Mobil 1. If I can't get it at AutoZombie, O'Reilley's, or NAPA, or WalMart I don't use it.

Vince

#18 ·
Sorry. I certainly dont mean to promote or rant about a product. I am simply asking for feedback if any one has experience with the particular line of lubricants much like many other threads containing many other products and manufacturers. I was not expecting a beat down. At this time I would prefer you delete this thread. Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.