Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Suspension - Brakes - Steering (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/suspension-brakes-steering/)
-   -   Anyone using a parallel spring solid axle? (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/anyone-using-parallel-spring-solid-axle-133955.html)

Chevrolet4x4s 02-23-2008 09:02 PM

Anyone using a parallel spring solid axle?
 
Anyone using a parallel spring solid axle on their fenderless hotrod? Should be fine for a truck right?

Shane

powerrodsmike 02-24-2008 12:35 AM

Makes the front frame rails stick out all big like buck toothed fangs....Leave the fenders on.. :D

JMO, mikey

1930u 02-24-2008 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet4x4s
Anyone using a parallel spring solid axle on their fenderless hotrod? Should be fine for a truck right?

Shane

I'm building an old 30 Plymouth Coupe. The chassis is an original with parallel springs. Here's a picture from back in the summer. I'm trying for a late sixties drag profile and I will be using motorcycle fenders.

For more pics see the 1930u journal.

1930u 02-24-2008 08:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1930u
I'm building an old 30 Plymouth Coupe. The chassis is an original with parallel springs. Here's a picture from back in the summer. I'm trying for a late sixties drag profile and I will be using motorcycle fenders.

For more pics see the 1930u journal.

sorry forgot picture

Chevrolet4x4s 02-24-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1930u
sorry forgot picture

Looks Great. Is 0.1196" thick enough for a 2x3 boxed chassis? About what does 2x3 tubing go for?

Shane

1930u 02-24-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet4x4s
Looks Great. Is 0.1196" thick enough for a 2x3 boxed chassis? About what does 2x3 tubing go for?

Shane

Thanks, I've been busting my hump on this thing all winter. I'm probably not the guy to advise you on the tube specs. My chassis was actually built by a professional IHRA racer back in the late 60's, But I'm sure someone here will be able to help you. Otherwise you could check the NHRA spec. book or check with a fabricator or race shop.

I also saw a straight axle kit on eBay the other day. It was suppose to be an engineered system..it was really cool.

Chevrolet4x4s 02-25-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1930u
Thanks, I've been busting my hump on this thing all winter. I'm probably not the guy to advise you on the tube specs. My chassis was actually built by a professional IHRA racer back in the late 60's, But I'm sure someone here will be able to help you. Otherwise you could check the NHRA spec. book or check with a fabricator or race shop.

I also saw a straight axle kit on eBay the other day. It was suppose to be an engineered system..it was really cool.

Your welcome, Its going to be amazing when you get it finished, Have you decided what color your going to paint it?

Shane

1930u 02-25-2008 09:39 PM

I love black but this one can only be candy apple red. I'm not going to use real candy because I plan to drive this car often...so I want something I can spot repair. Right now I'm investigating some new motorcycle paint jobs. Many look like true candy but their just a conventional 2 stage paint process.

Actually, there's a candy red washer and dryer at Sears thats a dead on what I'm looking for too. So I'm trying to invetsgate that paint too. I'm a ways off but I continue to work on this junker every spare minute I get.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.