Hot Rod Forum banner

Anyone wanna give me a lession on ebay

960 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  motorhead 
#1 ·
Yeah so i got a bunch of crap to sell (old hockey cards, some worth value some not, hockey equipment, snowboard) anyways since I need this money for my car anyone wanna give me a lession on e bay since I am considering using that as my way of selling...

#2 ·
Stoned; The best lesson is to just guts up and jump in! That's how I did it several years ago and I am now a POWER user! Just follow their directions on setting up an account, read their helps which aren't totally terrible and start out slowly. There are definitely little tricks to a successful auction, whether selling or buying and learning those comes with experience.

In short, I can't recommend eBay highly enough. Get on ASAP.

#4 ·
If you are selling, you have to provide a way to pay for your listings, and selling fees. I keep a debit card on file with them, and they automatically draft my account whenever I sell an item. I believe you can have your regular checking account drafted also. It's pretty easy to get started on ebay, and it's a great thing, I always make a little extra change on there, and it's fun to.

#6 ·
You can find the fees on the help page. It depends on what you start the bid at and at what price it ends. I usually start items cheap, but if they are worth a good amount of $$, place a reserve on it. That way you don't have to sell if you don't receive your desired price. Also, when you list the item, place it between 7-9pm. It's a good time when people get home from work, they've eaten dinner with their familes and then spend time on the computer. You see, when you start the listing is the time when it will end. :D

#9 ·
Yeah I used to love the game... now I hate it.. I guess it is cuz you cant' dragrace on ice very well... Some of my hockey cards are gettin old so if they turn out to be worth something it will be the best thing I ever did as a kid... Now I just gotta find a site with values of certain cards...

Oh yeah by the way... AMERICANS AND BASEBALL SHEESH :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.