• yevgenievick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • powerrodsmike

• rmemech

• pigjamelectric

Anyone want to start a Hotrodders Art Contest?

17K views 133 replies 18 participants last post by  poncho62 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone want to start a Hotrodders Art Contest?
Dudes and Dudettes, there is an "Art Challenge" on the HAMB web site that I have been participating in for the past 2 or 3 months! It is a lot of fun and brings a lot of cool art to the viewing audience! A subject is picked, such as a 40' coupe or a 49' Anglia or whatever, and all artist submit their rendering of that subject. The winner is selected by the contestants and a prize could be set up if ya'll want it! What do you think! Anything would go as far as what medium you use!

"Gentlemen Sharpen your pencils"!!! :D

Here are a few drawings that I submitted to the HAMB art challenge!

Attachments

See less See more
#104 · (Edited)
fortypickup said:
I know some pretty damn good artists that do not know how to turn on a computer! I also know some that can multi task. Pencil or PC!

Kick it up a notch! Dude :thumbup:
You got it. ...... no thread - yakkin' goin on here.
Here's my valiant effort on 'photosuite' ( the program I've got , but can barely use!).
I think it'll be the most 'true to the original photo' re-do that we see , but only time will tell.
I kept it in the field with the Ford ranger , but chopped , stretched and slammed it.
I put in a KILLER stereo :D , but you can't hear it on here..... trust me , it thumps!.
I will be submitting more , but not on this contest... I'll wait for the next one.
Like Mikey saided before.....
More art and less talk!

Attachments

#110 ·
Wow Malc, that is BEAUTIFUL! I am sooooooo clueless, I have no idea what so ever how you did that. I assume it was on a computer, it is sooooo "crisp", amazing.

Brian

#112 ·
I am always partial to Malc's drawings. Maybe it's the exceptional detail and proportions. Malcs Henry J is no exception.

It's funny how when that Henry J gets chopped, the proportions make it look like a full size car, like a 50 chevy.

I think I would have used bigger tires though.... :mwink: Moon roads are bumpy.

Fortypickup,

Do you know that you can change this thread to a poll?

Just go to your first original post, look at the post header where it says "thread tools".

Click that and you will see an option to make it a poll.

I would wait until the end of the submission period, then assign the submitter's name and post number to each of the poll choices.

Later, mikey

#117 ·
I just have not had the time to do anything new. I am sure you want to see a Kaiser or Henry J. but have not had the time. Been helping my buddy put together a proposal for an automotive show that we hope will take off (Tim Kaiser will be sending it to the right people). He likes it. If you don't know who he is...he's the executive producer of Seinfeld.

Only thing I can do is post something I already have. How about an old school Merc custom?

#123 · (Edited)
Well I voted for Malc, because although I can't draw them, I really like sharp lines and minimal shadows. Details intrigue me, little stuff like seat belts and door latches.

I really did like pigjamelectric's (correct usage of ' ?), happy entry, the little pig on the door looked just like the suckling pig my Dad cooked one year for Thanksgiving :thumbup: And the tires look like doughnuts...mmmmmm...donuts. :D

Also, I liked Job rated's car..lots of custom touches, and really nice freehand ..(was that ink?)

As far as laughing at an entry, I laughed like hell when I drew mine...Because if I can't entertain anyone else, at least I can entertain myself...(although Flores' was pretty funny too. Earl Schieb irridescent PR taxicab concept car :thumbup: :D )

I liked the fact that everyone here who did an entry, did so even if they were not accomplished illustrators. And they did so because it was fun. :) BTW, Mine was in ink...Bic pen. :thumbup:

Later, mikey

#126 ·
Well guys, after much consideration, carefully studying of each entry, deliberating with the powers that be in the "art world", testing each entry with infra-red lights & carbon-dating the pictures, checking with the history archives and seeking legal counsel, I've come to the conclusion that most of the entries are legit but the powerrodsmike entries could be copies of some "top secret", hidden or forgotten Micheal Angelo's work so I couldn't vote for that one.
Malc had an awesome entry so did others but I thought the Job~Rated picture encapsulated the old time hotrodding look & style the best so he got my vote. :sweat:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.