Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anyone want to start a Hotrodders Art Contest?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 07:41 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortypickup
So if you have done this in the passed, it cannot be done in the future, is that what your sayin?
Just trying to help out a new guy is all. What I'm suggesting is that it might be considered somewhat offensive for a newbie (12 posts) to waltz over here from the HAMB telling us you've just invented sliced bread and offering to bring us out of the dark ages with YOUR idea of starting an art contest. Obviously you didn't take the time to familiarize yourself with our past activities here in the Art Forum nor did you do a search to determine if this had already been done here and the type of response that it got. Otherwise you would have never posted "here is a suggestion for the FIRST contest" or provided the basic format of the contest "A subject is picked, such as a 40' coupe or a 49' Anglia or whatever, and all artist submit their rendering of that subject" if you had been aware that this was something already being done here at HR.Com.

You can start all the art contests you want and I wish you the best with this one. But I'm suggestion they might go over better if you recognize they are following in an already established tradition which other rodders, like ChevelleSS_LS6 have worked hard to get established, rather than being some new invention of the HAMB or yourself.