• chlsnk

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • yevgenievich

Votes: 1 5.3%

April '08 Hot Rod Art Contest

9K views 53 replies 13 participants last post by  Only Racing 
#1 · (Edited)
Here we go for the April bout, fellas!

Only racing was champion of the last round & as such, has chosen a Daytona for the April subject, which is an excellent choice with loads of scope for ideas.

The leader board now looks like this...

Malc.............1
Job~Rated.....1
fortypickup....2
Only Racing....1

fortypickup is running away with it! :D

Closing date for entries will be midnight on 26th April, giving participants plenty of time to come up with something & leaving some polling time at the end before the month is over.

Pencils at the ready!

Best of luck, everybody!

If you require a larger image to work from, click this link...

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/daytona.jpg

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
New rule: No foul language in the art threads... :D

I've just been recapping over the previous contests & discovered that the leaderboard was wrong - fortypickup has won twice so far, but I was confused when he handed the chair to 79C10.

I have ammended it.

Proof:

Here are the winners so far in the order they happened...

Malc's Henry J

Job~Rated's Hornet

fortypickup's Zephyr Zodiac

He then handed the choice to 79C10, who picked a 57 Chevy Pick-Up - forty won it again

Only Racing's Starliner

#12 ·
"Kinda got distorted" is an understatement! :D It's managed to distort from a Daytona into a Tudor Rat! :thumbup:

chlsnk, the idea of the contest is to do your own rendition of the chosen subject. This month's is a Daytona, as per the pic in my first post.
Your rod pic is all well & good, but not appropriate. I'll allow it, but don't bank on getting any votes. If you could, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if you would stick to the subject matter in future.

As for your scan being distorted, it looks in proportion to me, but not everybody has Adobe Acrobat on their PC. Maybe it'd be a good idea for you to save the image as a jpg & use an image host or embed it in your reply where it says 'Manage Attachments'.

Good effort, nonetheless. :thumbup:

#16 ·
chlsnk said:
Does anyone know how to make better scans of your hand drawns? Mine kinda got distorted.
Even on its best day, PDF is lousy for putting anything but text on IMO. You might be better off like Job mentioned, no need to scan at like 300DPI, 180 works well and is clean also. If you have a good program, and you size it right, it should look exactly like the sketch.

#25 ·
Cool ,Roth would be impressed

Only Racing said:

I missed that as the winner last time Forty, great sketch, love the light pencil and the highlights with the eraser. Good lighting and shadow also. :welcome:

Hey Guys, been under the weather, so missed all the fun. This is a great idea, will take a lot of metal work to do it ,but it would be a show stopper. Looks like something my old friend Ed Roth would have come up with.
Hey Only Racing, If you have the T race car pictured on your info, YOU Need to bring it to the wildest Model T and A show out there. Come to the Model T & A Nationals Carshow/Swapmeet/Nostalgia Drags, JULY 12th, at the Tulsa Raceway Park in TULSA ,OK . All model A and T vehicles from stock to racing and everything inbetween are invited. The Nostalgia Drags have been going on for 15 years and Your car would fit right in. One year the Winged Express showed up and this year Cody Parr is bringing his original T Dragster. There is even a BIKINI Contest trackside for the local babes to enter. :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.