Hot Rod Forum banner

April-May Hotrodders Art Contest Begins Rat Rod / Rust Bucket Trucks

44K views 88 replies 17 participants last post by  hotrodrendering 
#1 ·
April-May Hotrodders Art Contest Begins Rat Rod / Rust Bucket Trucks

Just in time for spring blooming. Last months winners as it ended in a tie Neal and Bob chose to have you bring out those rusty trucks with the weeds around them into the sun, take a rat rod truck, rusty truck and make it come alive or laid to rest. All forms of art are welcome, digital art, paint, hand drawn, watercolor, photos, hell, even crayons. There's nothing like rusty trucks to make a spring contest fun for all !! Anything goes, from the oldest to the newest, pick a machine and mess it up or make it better. If you're not a member, simply register to play along.

The Two Month Art Contest begins now since it was a late start. Artwork is voted on May 25th giving five to six days for voting as polls close automatically with a new winner decided. He or she gets the chance to choose the next subject matter for the next contest. Remember, fun and learning is the contest; enjoy, participate and more-so have fun at it.

In case of a tie situation, first to post gets the win !!

See less See more
#18 ·
Nice work Artist, Watercolour?

I usually work with pencil or ink, as in pen or sharpie but have used computers with varying success. Funny story about my poster from last year.

I spent days building the image on my computer, the learning curve was huge. I was finished enough to submit it to the club and when I took it to the print shop they wanted a simple line drawing of my image... in pen!!! I rarely stray from it as a medium now, lol

This is the best resolution pic I can find at the moment, I am sure I have a better one somewhere

(This is a truck being built by a local club member, a 45 international cab on a 31 hudson frame, with a terraplane grille, this was the first time I drew a vehicle before it existed)

#24 ·
i must be lucky

When I found my '56 F-100, it looked about like that (even worse, the doors were missing, too!). It had been sand blasted and then left out in the rain so it had that same sort of appearance. But my wife did not give me that look- she said - "If you want it, get it!"

(Sorry guys, she's taken! And the truck, too! :D )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.