Hot Rod Forum banner

Aprils Hotrodders.com Art Contest, Movie Cars "Anything Goes !!"

6K views 42 replies 7 participants last post by  Only Racing 
#1 ·
Aprils Hotrodders.com Art Contest, Movie Cars "Anything Goes !!"

March's Hotrodders Art contest almost seemed like a planned apil fools joke ending in a tie but both Fortypickup and Doodler's were equally worthy of this months winners title. Forty's awesome colors and style and doodlers Milners Coupe Cartoon that flat out was really wild.

This month Forty wouldn't be able to participate so Doodler gets the nod for the choice of "Movie Cars Anything Goes" for Aprils Hotrodders Contest, this should be interesting, there are many good movie cars and some not so well known too that will first have to be decided to be done by the artist then rendered in any style they choose. Some notables would be "Smokey and The Bandit", the "Bullit Mustang", all the way to the "Munsters" street rod or the Monkee's Mobile, and "Dukes Of Hazzard's" Charger lol.

Lets see what the guys come up with and then have some fun again for this month. The contest will end on the 26th of April allowing 5 days for voting and another choice goes to the winner.

See less See more
#27 ·
57Corvette said:
Hinson, that's some way cool work on both of those rides ......glad you got to get into this months contest. Looking forward to seeing more entries....

Thanks, just trying to reach the bar that you've already set :) We both know though that the last entry is pretty sloppy. Rushing to finish before 'Idol' and used the magic wand to cut it out. Left waaaay too much haloing. I see other problems also. But, it's an entry and hopefully will encourage others to post. You know, they may be thinking: "hell, I can do better than that!" ...hehehe

#28 ·
Hinson said:
Thanks, just trying to reach the bar that you've already set :) We both know though that the last entry is pretty sloppy. Rushing to finish before 'Idol' and used the magic wand to cut it out. Left waaaay too much haloing. I see other problems also. But, it's an entry and hopefully will encourage others to post. You know, they may be thinking: "hell, I can do better than that!" ...hehehe
Not a thing wrong with that, I do know what you mean about "doing better" though, these guys have taught me to do more and challenge myself, I am in now way the same league as most of the guys here but it sure is relaxing to get something done and have it close to what you envisioned. All of the artists here are exceptional in their own way and mentors if you will; to at least take a tip from them and come and play in this.

#30 ·
Looks like everyone is running late this month, including me. Here's my hasty "movie car' rendition for the month of April. Actually, it's a truck, and a nasty one at that. It's the '41 Chevy cabover that the slasher drove in "Jeepers Creepers." So far, the artwork posted is fab as usual, but I'm surprised that more guys arn't giving this a shot.

#34 ·
Well, i'm not going to have time to finish this one. I couldn't decide on a car and when I would, I'd think of a better one. So I have a bunch of half finished drawings sitting around! (haha) I finally decided on the Bandit TA, but by then I didn't have time to redraw it on the computer. So I just decided to work with the sketch. I'm not going to enter this one, but just wanted to show the direction that I was going.

Good luck everybody! There is some nice work this month.

#35 ·
Doodler, It's fine to enter that one, the raw skill of sketch work is amazing, most don't know you start this way and it turns into those crazy wild rides you make, please reconsider on entering this month. I like it.

BTW, same went for me, alot of cool "Movie Cars", and I didn't pick the same one, I had a feeling you'd be doing a different one say in the "71" era, I know you have one there.

The only thing missing in this is Sally Field, lol.

#36 ·
I didn't have time this month to do anything except blocksand and buff a 68 Chevelle, besides that I'm not a big movie guy, haven't been to see a movie in over twenty years and don't watch them on TV. Just wanted to drop in and see what was being done and ya can't be disappointed, everyone has done an excellent job again this month. Doodler enter it! Later, Phil

#38 ·
Doodler said:
Mark,
I have the General Lee and the Challenger from Vanishing Point half finished.

Ehh, might as well toss mine in the contest. What the hell, it's just for fun anyway, right?
You hit the nail on the head Doodler, It's fun, it's inspiring, and it's informative for all who want to try. I've been to those photoshop tutorials and more; like forums, but no one ever see's it like in this one and we are all not on the level you are but now you add in the artwork by hand, it's a very visually exciting thing to see it go from what you have there to the final product.

Like when Member 67camaro101 did the video of making the truck.

BTW, I knew you have a Challenger, like I said, a 71 era Movie Car. lol.

#39 ·
IROC100 said:
I didn't have time this month to do anything except blocksand and buff a 68 Chevelle, besides that I'm not a big movie guy, haven't been to see a movie in over twenty years and don't watch them on TV. Just wanted to drop in and see what was being done and ya can't be disappointed, everyone has done an excellent job again this month. Doodler enter it! Later, Phil
Hard work Phil. it comes before nything, I know, It's a shame to miss you in this one but there will be more and more of these.I would have shot you over a PSD to start with had I known you had no time.

I'm right on the edge of finisihing one myself.

I'm nothing but a movie hound, if it has a car I like it, lol.

#40 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.