Aprils Hotrodders.com Art Contest, Movie Cars "Anything Goes !!" - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 10:59 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodler
I was working on Ecto1... crap, lol! Nice work 57!
^ See what I mean, lol. I didn't even know it was called that Ecto1.

Same was going on here, I actually had the card company refuse the payments I made to the two companies last night. I am able to keep large files open now but surely a 7 yr old OS is in need of a fresh start so I'm making plans to reformat this and keep it on the side for net use only.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Starving Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Racing
This one's much worse, all over the net there really isn't a good fix for it sincei it's a rootkit virus which stays in the boot partition. I've paid Norton 100 USA for removal and they didn't get it off. I actuallknow the one you are talking about also.

I wish it was that easy for mine but this is ridiculous, I hate to lose all my settings.
I got tired of that crap, bought a massive (for me) additional hard drive and now the only thing on my c:// drive are programs. All data, images etc are on the other drive. If I get a virus that I can't get rid of quickly, I simply restore the C:// drive and reload my programs. I found this much easier and quicker than spending countless hours trying to get rid of a stubborn virus/trojan etc.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Starving Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Corvette
Whew .....glad I got them in when I did...LOL. It's a little harder I think for me to come up with something as I have to start with a photo. Not always easy to find a hi res photo for each contest. I wish I had the ability you guys have of drawing what I see in my mind.

Mark, glad you got your computer working again .... I didn't use the on line method to repair mine as I couldn't open IE or any other program that might have helped the situation. I had to call Microsoft and have them run me through the process.....took about an hour to clear all the problems.

Doodler, thank you for the kind words .......
I had the same problem but as I was scrounging around I realized that I was not going to be able to find a public domain image of a movie car. As a photog, I try to not use other's images without permission even if they belong to some big corp.

Having said that, I do love (as usual) what you did with your images. With talent like that, you don't need to draw.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:34 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinson
I got tired of that crap, bought a massive (for me) additional hard drive and now the only thing on my c:// drive are programs. All data, images etc are on the other drive. If I get a virus that I can't get rid of quickly, I simply restore the C:// drive and reload my programs. I found this much easier and quicker than spending countless hours trying to get rid of a stubborn virus/trojan etc.
I have 6 terabytes of backup an this and the virus was a backdoor trojan for sure, called a tidserve request amd I'm usually good about keeping virses off, what I do though is websites and it causes problems when you take one over and the guy doesn't want to give it up and sends you into a database with a virus planted in it as a slap in the face.

As for images to use, I don't have any stars cars but there are some out there that are out there, I had a few of Christine, one of my favorites, look for something close and possibly change the hue or color to match.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Starving Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Racing
...As for images to use, I don't have any stars cars but there are some out there that are out there, I had a few of Christine, one of my favorites, look for something close and possibly change the hue or color to match.
Hey, good idea. I think I know what I can do. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Starving Artist

Bumble Bee the Transformer

Ok, here's my entry. Since Bob and I have very similar styles, I thought I'd try something different this time.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

This is going to be good. Don't forget about the Famous Bandit.

Cole
Old 04-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Starving Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloc431962
This is going to be good. Don't forget about the Famous Bandit.

Cole
LOL...love the siggy.... that's what I keep telling my wife she is...
Old 04-20-2010, 06:29 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

There ya go hHinson, I was thinking the only shot I have is of the Bumble Bee but it's not quite the same thing, lol.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Starving Artist

Bond, the name is Jams Bond

Ok, one more for the night. Time to go watch 'Idol!'

Old 04-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Hinson, that's some way cool work on both of those rides ......glad you got to get into this months contest. Looking forward to seeing more entries....
Old 04-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Starving Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Corvette
Hinson, that's some way cool work on both of those rides ......glad you got to get into this months contest. Looking forward to seeing more entries....

Thanks, just trying to reach the bar that you've already set We both know though that the last entry is pretty sloppy. Rushing to finish before 'Idol' and used the magic wand to cut it out. Left waaaay too much haloing. I see other problems also. But, it's an entry and hopefully will encourage others to post. You know, they may be thinking: "hell, I can do better than that!" ...hehehe
Old 04-21-2010, 12:21 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinson
Thanks, just trying to reach the bar that you've already set We both know though that the last entry is pretty sloppy. Rushing to finish before 'Idol' and used the magic wand to cut it out. Left waaaay too much haloing. I see other problems also. But, it's an entry and hopefully will encourage others to post. You know, they may be thinking: "hell, I can do better than that!" ...hehehe
Not a thing wrong with that, I do know what you mean about "doing better" though, these guys have taught me to do more and challenge myself, I am in now way the same league as most of the guys here but it sure is relaxing to get something done and have it close to what you envisioned. All of the artists here are exceptional in their own way and mentors if you will; to at least take a tip from them and come and play in this.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:12 AM
3Deuce Speedshop

Last photo:

i'm hoping to have something ready this weekend. Last minute... right on schedule! (haha)
Old 04-22-2010, 07:07 PM

Last photo:

Looks like everyone is running late this month, including me. Here's my hasty "movie car' rendition for the month of April. Actually, it's a truck, and a nasty one at that. It's the '41 Chevy cabover that the slasher drove in "Jeepers Creepers." So far, the artwork posted is fab as usual, but I'm surprised that more guys arn't giving this a shot.

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.