Hot Rod Forum banner

Aprils Hotrodders.com Art Contest, Movie Cars "Anything Goes !!"

6K views 42 replies 7 participants last post by  Only Racing 
#1 ·
Aprils Hotrodders.com Art Contest, Movie Cars "Anything Goes !!"

March's Hotrodders Art contest almost seemed like a planned apil fools joke ending in a tie but both Fortypickup and Doodler's were equally worthy of this months winners title. Forty's awesome colors and style and doodlers Milners Coupe Cartoon that flat out was really wild.

This month Forty wouldn't be able to participate so Doodler gets the nod for the choice of "Movie Cars Anything Goes" for Aprils Hotrodders Contest, this should be interesting, there are many good movie cars and some not so well known too that will first have to be decided to be done by the artist then rendered in any style they choose. Some notables would be "Smokey and The Bandit", the "Bullit Mustang", all the way to the "Munsters" street rod or the Monkee's Mobile, and "Dukes Of Hazzard's" Charger lol.

Lets see what the guys come up with and then have some fun again for this month. The contest will end on the 26th of April allowing 5 days for voting and another choice goes to the winner.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Hinson, As above the contest has already begun and looks ike the guys are in hiding, lol. I'm struggling myself. The contest ends on the 26th of April so it leaves a little time for voting for a few days.

Simply upload or link an image in this thread and I will add it to the competition, you can enter as many as you like also as ong as it's not like 5 at a time, lol.

Time is running out guys so lets see some artwork.

Sincerely Mark

#8 ·
This one's much worse, all over the net there really isn't a good fix for it sincei it's a rootkit virus which stays in the boot partition. I've paid Norton 100 USA for removal and they didn't get it off. I actuallknow the one you are talking about also.

I wish it was that easy for mine but this is ridiculous, I hate to lose all my settings.

#11 ·
Go here first: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890830 If that doesn't help:

How to receive support
No-charge support is available for home users by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and in Canada. For international users, contact your local Microsoft subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

#13 ·
OK, I'm glad I didn't choose those two, lol. Forty always and you sometimes got to them first, lol Bob, BTW, I finally had to get my comp over to the fellow here that does incredible stuff, they took care of it in les than an hour and cleaned up more than I asked, A bunch of good guys. The did say there was no way it could have been fixed online by a tech taking over my computer. They told me to get my money back real fast for the unrendered services.

#15 ·
Whew .....glad I got them in when I did...LOL. It's a little harder I think for me to come up with something as I have to start with a photo. Not always easy to find a hi res photo for each contest. I wish I had the ability you guys have of drawing what I see in my mind.

Mark, glad you got your computer working again .... I didn't use the on line method to repair mine as I couldn't open IE or any other program that might have helped the situation. I had to call Microsoft and have them run me through the process.....took about an hour to clear all the problems.

Doodler, thank you for the kind words .......

#16 ·
Doodler said:
I was working on Ecto1... crap, lol! Nice work 57!
^ See what I mean, lol. I didn't even know it was called that Ecto1.

Same was going on here, I actually had the card company refuse the payments I made to the two companies last night. I am able to keep large files open now but surely a 7 yr old OS is in need of a fresh start so I'm making plans to reformat this and keep it on the side for net use only.

#17 ·
Only Racing said:
This one's much worse, all over the net there really isn't a good fix for it sincei it's a rootkit virus which stays in the boot partition. I've paid Norton 100 USA for removal and they didn't get it off. I actuallknow the one you are talking about also.

I wish it was that easy for mine but this is ridiculous, I hate to lose all my settings.
I got tired of that crap, bought a massive (for me) additional hard drive and now the only thing on my c:// drive are programs. All data, images etc are on the other drive. If I get a virus that I can't get rid of quickly, I simply restore the C:// drive and reload my programs. I found this much easier and quicker than spending countless hours trying to get rid of a stubborn virus/trojan etc.

#18 ·
57Corvette said:
Whew .....glad I got them in when I did...LOL. It's a little harder I think for me to come up with something as I have to start with a photo. Not always easy to find a hi res photo for each contest. I wish I had the ability you guys have of drawing what I see in my mind.

Mark, glad you got your computer working again .... I didn't use the on line method to repair mine as I couldn't open IE or any other program that might have helped the situation. I had to call Microsoft and have them run me through the process.....took about an hour to clear all the problems.

Doodler, thank you for the kind words .......
I had the same problem but as I was scrounging around I realized that I was not going to be able to find a public domain image of a movie car. As a photog, I try to not use other's images without permission even if they belong to some big corp.

Having said that, I do love (as usual) what you did with your images. With talent like that, you don't need to draw.

#19 ·
Hinson said:
I got tired of that crap, bought a massive (for me) additional hard drive and now the only thing on my c:// drive are programs. All data, images etc are on the other drive. If I get a virus that I can't get rid of quickly, I simply restore the C:// drive and reload my programs. I found this much easier and quicker than spending countless hours trying to get rid of a stubborn virus/trojan etc.
I have 6 terabytes of backup an this and the virus was a backdoor trojan for sure, called a tidserve request amd I'm usually good about keeping virses off, what I do though is websites and it causes problems when you take one over and the guy doesn't want to give it up and sends you into a database with a virus planted in it as a slap in the face.

As for images to use, I don't have any stars cars but there are some out there that are out there, I had a few of Christine, one of my favorites, look for something close and possibly change the hue or color to match.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.