Hot Rod Forum banner

Aprox price on a 47-54 chevy pickup?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  AdamZx23 
#1 ·
Hello, I am 21 years old, work in a bodyshop and am looking to buy a 50s chevy pickup to chop up after I buy a house. I don't know a lot about hot rodding yet but am starting to get more addicted to the hobby :D

How much would I be looking at paying for a decently rust free 47-54 pickup? I dont even know the ballpark on this one... I was thinking maybey 1-2k for one with little rot? I am in ohio now so I realize a non rotten one is hard to come by so a roadtrip might be in order. Also any way to find these things online? ebay seems to only have completed rods and old parts :confused:

I was planning on buying the s10 frame kit so I can use newer suspension parts and make it easier for my first build. Also I am in the process of moding my 98 s10 complete with 4 link, airride, frenched caddy's,rollpan, shaved doors etc.. so i'm on my way with bodyworking skills and am familiar with the s10 suspension already....lol now i'm rambling again....

Thanks in advance guys,

Adam

#3 ·
Hi Adam. There are a few things you left out, such as 3 or 5 window, LWB or SWB. I just came back from looking at a 5 window GMC that was basically rust free, but was a long bed. If the cab is what is most important to you, contact me and I'll forward the fella's info. Heck, I can even snap some pics for you next time I go over if you're interested in it.

Nik

#6 ·
haha yea rice = gay... I cant understand what I saw in the "fast and furious" cars, the neons held in place by velcro and bodykits in primer, thousands of dollars to hit 300hp and thought that was fast.... thats one reason im selling my focus...haha

and just to set it straight my s10 isn't rice :D theres one thing I cant stand is those mexincan hopping trucks (not bashing lowriders just not my cup o tea) mine just sits low and cleeeean...not finished with it yet though.

anywho, does anyone know if they make a s10 frame swap for the 56ish f100's??? ive been researching on that but cant come up with much...either truck would be nice, im just torn between the two... tho an s10 frame/suspension would be really easy on the pockets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.