Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - AR RACING 383 Motor
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:33 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

AR Racing deadend.

Well I Saw the add in a local trader pulication from "AR" for a 383 with aluminum heads for a steal of a price. So I contacted Mr. Mark Lim @ "AR". Seemed like a nice fella so I asked if I could come see his shop & possibly give him a down payment for the 383. He was hesitant @ first but finally agreed. Off I go to Snake castle road (about a 40 minute drive from my house). I found an old house, with an as old garage, (thats the shop). Knocked on the door and Mark answered. Inside there were several small block in various forms and states of completion. not impressed with the shop, but I pressed on. Mark eventually closed the deal with me & a month later I had my 383. While he was building the motor, I was busy smoothing the front frame & firewall & painting the motorbox on the 55. Install the engine, put the front clip back on. Man this thing "LOOKS" sweet in there! Fire it up, take it to 2500 rpm for 30 minutes to break in the cam, sounds great! Shut it off to change the oil, oil starts draining & draining & draining untill now It looks milky & then green! Seems they ground the block to deep for the stroker crank! Not happy. Call Mark he says well pull it back out and bring it back. Long story short, He built me another and it was only marginally better than the first one. It pulled great but it vibratted so bad I thought the shifter was gonna come flying through the floor @ 5000 rpm. leaked out of both ends, smoked out of both pipes and sounded like a freekin diesel! Gave that one back to get my money back and that sob made PAYMENTS to me to pay me back over 6 months & shorted me $100.00 on the last check! I have since met another in my community that had a similar experience. Well that my sad story and I'm stickin to it!