Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - ARM Digital Storage Oscilliscope
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 08:14 PM
GearHead-EFI.com

Wiki Edits: 0

I looked for awhile for one because I do a lot of EFI conversions and sometimes had issues with electrical noise. Really lucked out one day at the Pawn Shop and got a Mac Osiliscope for cars, $3500 retail for $375. I have learned a lot about where to and where not to run certain wires in the EFI system because of it. Now I hardly use it because I had made all the mistakes...

Nice thing about it being built for cars is it has actual graphs to show what proper signal should look like, then compare yours!

May as well show my EFI test bench, I build a harness from a Junk Yard pull and complete system on the bench, hooked up to 12 volt, drill running distributor, vacuum pump on MAP sensor while emulating and recording data from my laptop. This way I know it all works when installed and all parts are good! Chip has no error codes because of things missing like EGR or Charcoal Canister Purge or Air pump...

Actually I have one system running here hooked up to the intake on bench, my ECM for this with on light, CEL, Fuel Pump and O2 sensor are on the wall other sensors you see with rear distributor turning by drill, sparking one plug off coil and another ECM running of a simulater and the Osiliscope checking pulse width on injectors wires because I had run them differant then Chevy rear distributor to an engine with front distributor...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scope-900.jpg
Views:	1670
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	60865   Click image for larger version

Name:	EFI Test Bench.jpg
Views:	1718
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	60866