ARP Airwaves vs ART Shockwaves - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2007, 09:08 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

ARP Airwaves vs ART Shockwaves

Airwaves vs Shockwaves. Which are better ? There is a big difference in the price of the two. Are ARP Airwaves any good ??

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2007, 09:11 AM

Last photo:

I am not overly familiar with the airwave units to be able to give you any kind of first hand knowledge or advice.... The only thing I can legitimately comment on is our Shockwave's. A Shockwave is a completely modular unit that incorerates a billet, 16 position adjustable hydraulic shock and we postition it through the center of a Firestone airspring. The shock absorber we are using is an Alston Chassisworks "Varishock" which we are building in house to our specs along with the fact that we Dyno every adjustable shock and Shockwave that leaves this place. I hope that answers some of your questions. As far as the Airwave goes, feel free to give them a call and talk to them about them.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:04 PM

Last journal entry: Csr Electric Water pump
Last photo:

in other words they are way over priced the airwaves are a billet housing aswell and are the choice i chose to go with
Old 06-15-2007, 07:28 PM

Go with the Airwaves if you feel like putting your life at risk. These items are manufactured by AIM Industries. AIM Industries is not known for putting the best quality into their products. There customer support has left a bitter taste in people's mouth. I've never dealt with them before, but a lot of other people I know have.

My advice, go with the Shockwaves, at least you know that Tony@ART is willing to come to this site and share information about their product. He'd also be able to assist you in determining the best setup for your application.

You won't find that at the other company.

Cheaper isn't always better.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:26 AM

Last photo:

Southern........ Thanks for the props.......!
Old 06-18-2007, 07:59 PM

Last journal entry: Csr Electric Water pump
Last photo:

Bret indeed does make a great product, But has been way overpriced and continues to be even n a world now where he has competion.Forawhile he was the only product on the market ecs. with shockwaves, im not beating up on the product just the pricing, But regarless im ordering ARP great product and a 1/3 the cost.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Kruzin Karl

Last photo:

Throw the words "AIM Industries" out there, and you've got me running the other way The absolute worst company out there. I wouldnt use there products if you gave them to me.
With something as important as your suspension at stake, I'd rather buy something a little overpriced that I know I can depend on.
Later - Karl.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:32 AM

Last photo:

I'm all for saving money, but not on what's going to hold my butt up off of the pavment at posted highway speeds (I plead the 5th on this one). I also don't skimp on brakes. If your going to skimp, go to Earl Schibe for the paint job or buy a cloth instead of leather for the seats and upholstery.

I don't recall anyone being killed because of a cheap paint job or cheap upholstery. I also don't buy discounted, brown-looking ground beef at the supermarket.

I've never bought anything from AIM Industries, but I have a few friends that did. Notice that I used the word "did". I try to learn from others mistakes.

I would suggest that you call both companies and ask questions. I'd ask peolpe that I knew have both about what they thought. I might even check with the Better Business Bureau.

Last edited by Bluejackets67; 06-19-2007 at 05:38 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:06 AM

Opinions are appreciated but are there any facts out there to which is better ?
Old 06-19-2007, 08:55 AM

Last photo:

To determine which one is better is only decypherable by you and your needs. Where one may have certain attributes they may not make any sense or difference to you or your application.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:50 AM

Last photo:

Price isn't everything. Tony regulary offers up his neck for people to get their greasy grabbers around and doesn't mind doing it. That is worth a whole bunch in my estimation.

My bud is working his way through a setup now that I have a notion came from one of the "Discount" vendors. I haven't checked in on him lately but I think he finally had to go to Tony and his coworkers for the controls to make it work.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:02 AM

I just got word that "jesse james" himself is fitting his "Mercury" with "Street Rod Engineering" products and "airwaves". The Master himself of quality and gangster cool has picked this product. Does that mean anything ? list your facts......
Old 06-19-2007, 10:52 AM

Okay. So you throw Jesse James name out there. Should that coment be substantiated with evidence, there can be numerous reasons why he's using them including being paid to use them or getting a load of them free.

AIM has had constant legal issues with other air ride companies. They've slandered other companies, ripped their products off. They intentionally name their products similar to competitors - ie. Shockwave/Airwave and Road Grater/Street Scraper. The intentionally try to paint themselves as the other company, even down to copying ads and slogans. They've even mis-represented their products. Want proof on this? Pick up a copy of Mini Truck or any of Primedia's other magazines. They carry AIM ads big time.

Also, found through research, they operate under several different names and websites. They also charge a steep re-stocking fee, too. If this isn't shady, what is.

The BBB in Mesa, AZ is full of complaints. Morally and ethically, it's not how a business should be run.

According to Joe Morrow, owner of AIM, the reason they are in business is that "we must be doing something right". Now just what is that?

Last edited by Southern; 06-19-2007 at 10:53 AM. Reason: More Infomration to Add

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.