Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Is this Art?
Thread: Is this Art?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 03:23 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by technicaltom
This car was seen in Sweden at a Rallycross meeting and is a runner!!! ,just wondering if it could be described as ART.It certainly puts a whole new meaning to a Rat Rod!!
Art is an expression of the artist. It is definitely art. Is it art we like to see? Only the viewer can decide that. I knew a fellow that restored an old MB38 Jeep. Most of the mechanicals were done by various different mechanics and it was quality work. The fellow that owned the Jeep also owned a carpet store. He had the body sand blasted and all of the rusted out metal was replaced. Not knowing how to finish off all of the replaced sheet metal, he had the body epoxy coated and covered the whole outside with a high quality outdoor carpet. The color was brown and it turned out really good. Would I have owned it? No. But I did respect all of the fine work that had gone into it. He used it for many years and with great success as an advertising prop for his carpet business. The average person doesn't no a good hotrod from a bad one but these same type people saw this Jeep covered in carpet and went nuts over it. Go figure.