Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hot Rod Art (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hot-rod-art/)
-   -   Is this Art? (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/art-180629.html)

technicaltom 07-06-2010 04:49 PM

Is this Art?

2 Attachment(s)
This car was seen in Sweden at a Rallycross meeting and is a runner!!! ,just wondering if it could be described as ART.It certainly puts a whole new meaning to a Rat Rod!!

Valkyrie5.7 07-06-2010 04:54 PM

I don't have anything nice to say, so I'm not going to say anything at all. :D

Only Racing 07-06-2010 06:52 PM

Nah, unless you are taking acid in the 60's and thinking that a can of campbells soup is art also just casue you made a painting of it.

dinger 07-07-2010 10:14 AM

Beats walking...I guess? :P

Chris Kemp 07-07-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by technicaltom
This car was seen in Sweden at a Rallycross meeting and is a runner!!! ,just wondering if it could be described as ART.It certainly puts a whole new meaning to a Rat Rod!!

Art is an expression of the artist. It is definitely art. Is it art we like to see? Only the viewer can decide that. I knew a fellow that restored an old MB38 Jeep. Most of the mechanicals were done by various different mechanics and it was quality work. The fellow that owned the Jeep also owned a carpet store. He had the body sand blasted and all of the rusted out metal was replaced. Not knowing how to finish off all of the replaced sheet metal, he had the body epoxy coated and covered the whole outside with a high quality outdoor carpet. The color was brown and it turned out really good. Would I have owned it? No. But I did respect all of the fine work that had gone into it. He used it for many years and with great success as an advertising prop for his carpet business. The average person doesn't no a good hotrod from a bad one but these same type people saw this Jeep covered in carpet and went nuts over it. Go figure.

poncho62 07-07-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinger
Beats walking...I guess? :P

Probably had to walk home................. :D

Art is in the eyes of the beholder....It sure ain't beauty in this case.

MARTINSR 07-08-2010 04:26 PM

I think it is dumb as heck, a waste of money and time, and I wouldn't be caught dead in it. But I could say that about a LOT of "art" including some of the "masters" in history.

Yes it is art, he did a good job at making it, I just don't like it.

Brian

Chris Kemp 07-08-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR
I think it is dumb as heck, a waste of money and time, and I wouldn't be caught dead in it. But I could say that about a LOT of "art" including some of the "masters" in history.

Yes it is art, he did a good job at making it, I just don't like it.

Brian

Another good way to answer the question is it art, is to ask the question: "Does it stir an emotion"? Some types of art stirs an erotic emotion, some types stir a soothing calm emotion and others make us laugh or get angry. Evidently this one piece of art stirs an anger emotion in Brian. LOL

car2shirt 09-11-2010 10:31 AM

If the car runs good then it might be fun to cruise in. I have always been a fan of the rat rods. but well not to that extent.

pepi 09-11-2010 10:38 AM

is that a car accident? how fast were they going when they hit the trailer?