The art of punishment - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Banned User

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

What are everyone's thoughts as far as continuing the discussion pertaining to alternate methods of effective punishment?

Some of these proposed methods may be eerie and morose.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 12:25 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGear View Post
Pedophiles can't be cured of pedophilia...castrate or kill them.
castration isn't a "CURE" for pedophilia so the latter would be best
Old 10-16-2012, 12:42 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
castration isn't a "CURE" for pedophilia so the latter would be best
Oh I agree. Besides .22 Hollowpoints are cheap (for now until the Libs want barcodes on boyscout bullets). It costs tens of thousands to jail these particular scumbags, then they go to halfway houses and have people who follow them around and keep an eye on them, until they harm some kid, then we jail em again; but he gets appeals too. Oh and we get a letter in the mail, saying hes in your neighborhood.

My idea is way more cost effective, and think of all the paperwork we'll save. Its the greener alternative. You won't even need to hire someone to be the triggerman, Im sure there will be plenty of volunteers.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:10 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by against all odds View Post
Some of these proposed methods may be eerie and morose.
see last line in post #9
Old 10-16-2012, 01:14 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: mopar hump back
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkey View Post
drug dealers. death
The Grade school here had a dog search and 10 and twelve year olds were selling drugs they brought in from their home medicine cabinets and also selling the drug ridalin (Spelling?) let alone the joints they found where the kids robbed their parrents stash!!!! So I wouldnt agree with death!

Jester
Old 10-16-2012, 01:17 PM

Last photo:

ritalin; mostly used by teachers who like their pupils to be seen and not heard. It was horribly over prescribed when I was in school. ADD or ADHD or Adult ADD can be overcome in all but the most extreme cases by learning to deal with it, and even a change in diet may help. Recognizing that you have ADD and learning to cope is often the best solution "oopps Im doing it again...time to refocus or take a break"
Old 10-16-2012, 01:22 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
The Grade school here had a dog search and 10 and twelve year olds were selling drugs they brought in from their home medicine cabinets and also selling the drug ridalin (Spelling?) let alone the joints they found where the kids robbed their parrents stash!!!! So I wouldnt agree with death!Jester
With all due respect, Jester, I don't think that's what alkey was speaking of when he mentioned drug dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGear View Post
ritalin; mostly used by teachers who like their pupils to be seen and not heard. It was horribly over prescribed when I was in school. ADD or ADHD or Adult ADD can be overcome in all but the most extreme cases by learning to deal with it, and even a change in diet may help. Recognizing that you have ADD and learning to cope is often the best solution "oopps Im doing it again...time to refocus or take a break"
You are so correct, my ex-wiffy ignorantly put our youngest son on it (via doctors orders) and, altho he is clean and a fine young man now, he suffered from ADD, Dislexia, Substance abuse and Alcoholism - - - - thank God for prayers and Divine intervention.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:29 PM

Last photo:

It'd make an interesting study to see if people who didn't need Ritalin and had taken it for a lengthy amount of time...have a history of substance abuse later in life

Kudos to your son and to you for sticking by him. Don't feel so bad my parents took me to a 'doctor' before I was accurately diagnosed with cerebral palsy, who told them I was retarded and should be given up for adoption. I guess thats why its called 'practice.'
And yeah if anyone builds one of those chinese death van things; A) can I get it at Harbor Freight B) Does it come with a warranty and C) I'll gladly give you that 'doctors' name.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:41 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by autogear View Post
and yeah if anyone builds one of those chinese death van things; a) can i get it at harbor freight b) does it come with a warranty and c) i'll gladly give you that 'doctors' name.
I'll just bet you would - - - LMAO
Old 10-16-2012, 01:52 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWENUTS View Post
I agree! One of the better ideas. We've got a nice little island out here that would work perfectly. No trees, no grass, no nothing. Just a 1 mile square of rock called Snake Island. KIck them off the back of the ferry when it cruises by. When the ferry cruises by 6 times a day the tourists could launch food scraps in their general direction. Just for fun!!
It'd be a real "Survival of The Fittest".
Rwenuts: I always thought about Antarctica!!! who would try to escape!!!

Prisons are big business now not like it was years ago Corporations took most over and now its all profit. Were housing prisoners from other areas here and are paid by the areas they came from! What I thought once was why don't we pay Mexico or China or a third world country to take our prisoners!!!! With the cheep wages they pay it should be cheeper then keeping them here!!!! Rwenuts the rest of this is just to post not aimed at you

Jester

The reason I don't agree with the death penalty in some cases is : So many innocent people are convicted and found innocent years later ! Like here just recently by an overzealous lab tech that has been doctoring evidence for the last 6 years. Think about getting arrested and your innocent and witnesses swear it was you and you have no provable alibi your on death row for ten years screaming your innocence and they arrest a man that looks like you and he confesses to his crimes including the one you were convicted for!

Thats happened!!!

I'm liberal and to me it means I believe in liberty and freedom for everyone if your not a criminal or pushing your thoughts and actions onto anyone Else's ideas thoughts or space,There was an old saying "Don't tread on me"

I like Guns, I like driving fast, I like super sized drinks, I like transfat in my chips,and in some cases believe in the death penalty And I don't like fat people taking up a whole shopping lane and wearing spandex pants loading up their carts with sugar donuts and diet pop but I don't want laws passed its their personnel decision what they wear and eat I also don't like government making decisions for me that tramples on my personnel liberty Like I couldn't smoke in my own shop. I also believe personnel liberty can be taken too far and it can become anarchy !!! But somehow liberty lost its meaning and liberal is a bad word to use against anyone who disagrees with some people! I agree and disagree so am I a liberal or what would you call me if your not a liberal does that mean you don't believe in liberty! does conservative mean what it used to: keep it like it is or go back to another time( like the Amish ) or is it different now because I know a lot of republicans and democrats that call themselves conservative but believe in progress!

This thread should go on its a good thread I don't see any problem with it we're all adults and its in the lounge!!

Jester

Last edited by painted jester; 10-16-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:27 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
This thread should go on its a good thread I don't see any problem with it we're all adults and its in the lounge!!
Jester
X2
Old 10-16-2012, 02:39 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

[QUOTE=wretched ratchet;1599702]With all due respect, Jester, I don't think that's what alkey was speaking of when he mentioned drug dealers.

Ratchet once a law is passed its due at sometime to be taken to its limits or even abused I agree with part of what he said but all drug dealers cant be rolled into one lump and all condemned! any more then a car full of drunk kids and it gets in a wreck and the driver is charged with murder! But they were all drunk!!!!!!! And all in the car!!! I think their all guilty even the dead!There are degrees of guilt! But prosicuters take it to extremes!

Pedophiles that rape children KILL EM ( I believe in that)!!!! But a 17 year old that kisses a 15 year old can be on the sex offenders list too!

A rapist PUT EM TO DEATH ( I believe in that too) But a man and woman that are drunk and have sex and the woman changes her mind the next morning can say she was raped!

Murder: death

Selling drugs to kids: Death But selling drugs to an adult that chooses to buy em! Hell !! give it to em free and stick in an overdose!

The person that supplied the booze to the kid in the car that killed someone: Death!

But beyond a doubt!! but I see people convicted now with a lot of doubt!!!!

Jester
Old 10-16-2012, 02:44 PM

Last photo:

Jester 4 Prez!

Im fiscally conservative, which means if I can't afford it I don't have it. And, Im socially progressive; but I believe in America and 'ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.' Sometimes some of us have to make sacrifices to keep the system going.

Death Penalty? First off Decriminalize marijuana. The only thing the war on drugs did was cost us billions if not trillions. Next, pedophiles and animal abusers, mandatory minimum 10years in the fed. You lose all rights of a citizen, no guns, no welfare, no free medical care. You're a degenerate and not fit for society.
Now Death...it has its place, it shouldn't be handed out liberally; however isn't life in prison without the possibility of parole a much more costly death sentence? Take the money we save and invest it in things like the old Victory Gardens, Job Training and Home Renovations. Give people a sense of pride and a sense of accomplishment and self sufficiency, a modicum of self-respect and you'll have happier people. Its the "give a man a fish vs. teach him to fish" thing. People who wantonly use their credit cards and expect me to support them, that should be a misdemeanor, multiple offenses should be felonies. Predatory and Pay Day loan companies? BANNED. Taking advantage of poor people is way worse to me (personally) than selling rich kids crack.

Everything Ive posted in this thread is MY View and not Auto Gear's obviously. We still make a great gearbox, regardless if Im slightly unhinged or not
Old 10-16-2012, 03:29 PM

Last photo:

Points all taken, Jest, but I fear that we're whoppin' a dead hoss here !
Old 10-16-2012, 05:19 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Autogear & ratchet:

Jester

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.