The art of punishment - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,165 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCRMAN@aol.com View Post
In the area that I am trying to make a living in..

56 murders all ready this year. That does not count the ones who were killed outside the city limits.

You are risking your life to drive up the street from 1:00 pm thru 2:00 am. In warm weather.. Random drive bys are getting to be nightly news..

Here is a headline that is getting to be common.

87-year-old woman raped, robbed, beaten while bringing in groceries

An 87-year-old woman was raped, robbed and beaten while taking in groceries around noon Monday near Bradley and Reynolds. Dominic Adams | Mlive.com
FLINT, MI An 87-year-old woman was beaten, raped and robbed as she was bringing in groceries outside her home near Bradley Avenue and Reynolds Street Monday.

The woman was hospitalized and is undergoing tests, her family said.

"A man walking by grabbed her from behind and brought her inside," said Chelsea Byrd, the woman's great-granddaughter. "She was attacked and robbed and then he left."

The assault happened around noon, the woman's family said. The woman called family members and then police following the attack. ...

They just opened up a new "lockup", but also released 150 or more criminals to the streets because of overcrowding.. I believe there are too many career criminals on the street.

E.Furgal....The five year rule should be enacted!!
And thus my ELIMINATE them by death. Is this "getting even", not really, we are simply tossing a piece of trash in the garbage that is not needed. I don't look at an empty egg container being thrown away as "getting even". It has no heart, no soul, just as the animal who would commit the crime we are talking about, ELIMINATE him.

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,165 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGear View Post
Jester 4 Prez!

Im fiscally conservative, which means if I can't afford it I don't have it. And, Im socially progressive; but I believe in America and 'ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.' Sometimes some of us have to make sacrifices to keep the system going.

Death Penalty? First off Decriminalize marijuana. The only thing the war on drugs did was cost us billions if not trillions. Next, pedophiles and animal abusers, mandatory minimum 10years in the fed. You lose all rights of a citizen, no guns, no welfare, no free medical care. You're a degenerate and not fit for society.
Now Death...it has its place, it shouldn't be handed out liberally; however isn't life in prison without the possibility of parole a much more costly death sentence? Take the money we save and invest it in things like the old Victory Gardens, Job Training and Home Renovations. Give people a sense of pride and a sense of accomplishment and self sufficiency, a modicum of self-respect and you'll have happier people. Its the "give a man a fish vs. teach him to fish" thing. People who wantonly use their credit cards and expect me to support them, that should be a misdemeanor, multiple offenses should be felonies. Predatory and Pay Day loan companies? BANNED. Taking advantage of poor people is way worse to me (personally) than selling rich kids crack.

Everything Ive posted in this thread is MY View and not Auto Gear's obviously. We still make a great gearbox, regardless if Im slightly unhinged or not
I agree with all your points, I say legalize all drugs, very little would change as far as who used it, those who want to use it do now anyway. Free up the prisons for people who "touch" people in crime. Now, this is what is best for society. In my kingdom I say death to those who touch others in a crime, but I know this is just my personal opinion in my kingdom.

Brian
Old 10-16-2012, 09:37 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: mopar hump back
Last photo:

There was an old woman in Gaylord that needed food! her money was spent on meds for her husband and her, and they were starving ! She stole food from the local Grocery and was arrested and put in jail! She didn't try to steal money just food. The papers ran the story and then good Samaritans took food to the husband while she was in jail! Even the police donated! But a drug addict who stole to pay for drugs was sentenced to counseling in a rehab center!! now there's a rub! He had the excuse of addiction but she was just a thief in the laws eyes !

Jester
Old 10-17-2012, 04:18 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

sadly, the list of "injustices" is very very long and it tips "BOTH" sides of the scale - - - the one that will always stick in my craw is the fact that Charles Manson is "still" alive and is being taken care of with tax payers money
Old 10-17-2012, 12:01 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Ratchet that Bobber in the last picture posted is that yours? Nice bike!!! I used to have 2 a '48 Harley and a '67 triumph ! Both Jammer ridged's with springer's and ape hangers! I'm too old to ride the hard tails any more That was real punishment! But then being cool was more impotent then comfort! Hotrods, bikes, women and beers! Good title for a song!!! I had some good times!!!

Jester
Old 10-17-2012, 01:33 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Nawwww, wish it was but my old back can't contend with those hardtails anymore. I've had several back when "Moby Dick" was just a minnow but this is the only one I have a picture of. It's a 650 bonne - - - - LMAO, I traded it for a full set of Gretch Drums and Zildjians for my youngest son who was 12 at the time.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:03 PM
elkyholic

Last journal entry: Center Link Installed
Last photo:

On punishment:

The laws are all screwed up, because the legislature (congress and senate) have not been able to do their job since about '63.

The justice department abandoned justice in favor of the law at about the same time.

The executive branch cannot execute because they are too busy spending our money or perverting the system to make their own.

If we are going to talk death penalty, where should we start?

All of the above
Old 10-17-2012, 02:24 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

[QUOTE=wretched ratchet;1600077]Nawwww, wish it was but my old back can't contend with those hardtails anymore. I've had several back when "Moby Dick" was just a minnow but this is the only one I have a picture of. It's a 650 bonne - - - - LMAO, I traded it for a full set of Gretch Drums and Zildjians for my youngest son who was 12 at the time.

Ah! Kids!!! If they only Knew what we gave up when they were young! My Harley went to a down payment on a home with two bedrooms when my son was born! And I sold my 36 ford coupe after 2 boys were sharing a room and my first daughter was born to pay for an adition to the small home!!! I kept my triumph till my first granddaughter was born and we had to help out our daughter and her husband We should get extra credit and a ticket to heaven for those things !!!

Jester
Old 10-17-2012, 02:33 PM
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA

Last journal entry: SS
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
The "Devils Island" form of punishment always appealed to me....Throw them all on some deserted island and let them fend for themselves...and feed off each other if they have to.
Yeah and after a while they called it Australia

I think that as a deterent capital punishment has its place. All this is based on reactive approachs to crime control. What would really make a difference is if young kids had families that cared and were given a better chance in this world.

Poor education systems, unemployment, drugs, divorce, greed, gangs etc all reasons for increasing crime.

There is a serious break down in family values and it is one vicious circle for sure. I dont think that killing people is the answer, it starts at home.

2 more of my cents
Old 10-17-2012, 03:21 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

You know I myself don't think the family or situations in your youth make criminals !!! I knew friends in my youth that came from the worst environments and turned out outstanding fathers and citizens and knew some who came from the best families and back grounds and became hardened criminals !!! I also think that bleeding harts make excuses and give them cope outs rather then them taking responsibility for crimes they committed! I think there is something wrong from birth!

Like now people say children are homosexual from birth!

When I was young I had gays try things with me, and at 10 years old in the boy scouts knew then it was wrong and so did the other kids we used to call em queer and make fun of them! But I read about kids now that are men coming forward suing and crying ! I think its crap if they weren't forcibly raped! The kids when I was young that were willing partners with these deviant boy scout leaders, all the boys knew these kids were gay anyway!!!! If a man touched me or tried to get me to touch him or another boy tried when I was 10 they would have to kill me first! In school we all knew who to watch out for!!!! Whats different from back then and now!!!!! _ Homosexuality is considered normal now_ "We teach these young kids its normal" Well to me its deviant and far from normal!!! Its Lobbies and money and their vote that made it normal! If bestiality had a large enough voting block and lobby that would become legal too!! And we would teach that in school!

If we teach kids stealing is wrong they wont steal and if they do its always in the back of their brain their doing wrong when they steal!! if we teach that gay is wrong they will always have that in the back of their brain like years ago when they were locked in their closets and when their groin to butt they will know its wrong!!! Thats my thoughts!

And I'm a liberal ! If this is dumped because I'm being insensitive and offend someone! My point will be proven!

Jester
Old 10-18-2012, 09:49 PM
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA

Last journal entry: SS
Last photo:

No the disfunctional piss poor family situation does not make a criminal. Nor does it make a gay person. However the odds are though that someone will make the "moral" choices that conform with the conventional if they are shown the ways of a strong family unit when they are young. You are not born a criminal,,,really we are products of our up bringing face it.

If you have ever shown repect for your elders you know what I mean. You can't expect less crime with less positive influence on our youth. They dont care about the death penalties once they are on the wrong path, they care about survival and that means stealing, and stealling for money instantly lands you in the company of fools on the wrong track.

Have you heard the term "in kahoots"? this was was back in the netherlands of europe. When someone was convicted of stealing they were banned from the town or village. On the outskirts of town were other un desirables who also were bannished. They soon realized that they needed shelter. These small sod huts started popping up everywhere. They were what the locals called "kahoots". Soon as a criminal you were finding yourself "inkahoots" with other criminals wishing you would not have stollen that chicken, loaf of bread etc. But the only way to survive was more crime or straigten up and get back into town asap.

Point being that stealing is the start of trouble and it leads to consorting with other low lifes. Stealing, drugs, violence, lack of respect, it is all learned at an early age and sometimes it is a result of neglect and abusive family situations, lack of support and lack of association with positive influences.

As far as gay well that may be part of ones physiological make up X-Y and all that genetics

Gay, what are you going to do? pick them up in a bus? I dont condone man with man marriage but the governments we elected allowed the laws so what are you going to do?,,,vote and let it go.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:00 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

I don't care if a man marries a horse or man and woman and woman! More power too em! Is the big deal the word marriage? The word marriage has no biblical Christian meaning except during translation it was changed from a word that meant joining from the Hebrew to Greek to English ! Hell in chemistry or metallurgy marriage mean's the mixing of 2 or more materials to form one ! I just don't know what the big upheaval is in the religious community! What if they called it "The joining" with a license would that make everyone happy? There are people having marriage ceremony's with 2 dogs before breading with a reverend a license and everything ! But you don't hear any upheaval about that, as a matter of fact it was on the news and they called it cute!!! I thought it was stupid!

Jester
Old 10-19-2012, 02:07 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

My mother used the word kahoots all the time she was from Belgium and I new the meaning well we were poor and lived in a little shot gun bungalow home my dad delivered ice in Detroit to homes for their ice boxes!

My mother used to say we "lived in a kahoots" Lol

I never thought Id hear kahoots in that context again for the memory's!!!

Jester
Old 11-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Banned User

Last photo:

Do you favor/oppose legislation to make convicted murders/pedophiles etc. property of the state?

This allows the state to perform scientific/medical experiments/research/procedures on them.

Discuss.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Banned User

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGear View Post
Some states have or had laws where if someone entered your home and appeared unarmed, your first action must be to leave the home...for safety...even if it means using an open window as a means of egress. If while trying to leave unnoticed, you realize the scum is armed, you may shoot them...if you feel your life is in danger.

Im sorry when did the guy breaking the law have the right to be in my home, happy and alive...and I do not

No one said it; so I will. Pedophiles can't be cured of pedophilia...castrate or kill them. However, one of my classmates in college (he was 23) met a girl at a party, she was taking college classes, they shared a meaningful 10minute relationship. then she got crazy, phonecalls stalking etc. THEN he finds out shes 17, after she screamed rape. I was at that party, I can assure you she was no lost waif. The justice system needs to look at these life altering crimes (for the accused) in a case by case basis. Yes she was 17, but it clearly wasn't rape and now hes branded as a sex offender. Its one of those grey areas that I don't agree with.
These 2 are fascinating topics.

One the second part, Are there considerations giving in cases like this? If not, why isn't legislation being enacted that would relate to this?

The other thing is, you hear of female teachers sleeping with 16-17 year old students, but they get like 1 year in prison or probation and the sort. If a male teacher did the exact same thing...............Oh no, he's going UNDERNEATH the prison.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.