Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Assembly Lube on Cylinder walls
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 07:26 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

re: Assembly Lube on Cylinder walls

The rust was very minor surface rust and i cleaned it off ok so i really don't think it is an issue.

I doubt the block was plate honed, i took it to a reputable machine shop in my area and since i don't have this done much i just told them to hone it and hot tank it,,,i figured whatever they normally do is sufficient. Plus i'm somewhat on a budget, i just like working on engines this is not a daily driver nor a racer, more of a hobby i guess.
I really think i got the rings in right. I believe my main issue is blowby and alot if not most of the oil is going through the pcv valve and for some reason it is affecting the #6 and #8 cylinders more.

I really appreciate everyones help on this, i feel like maybe the assy lube may not be that much of an issue but anyway i think i have some ring seating issues. I plan to put several more thousand miles on it to see how it plays out and possibly try some "quick fixes" before i get bored enough again to pull it back out, in fact i may just build up another bottom end over the winter and try to do a little more precise job on it.

Again thanks a bunch to everyone for making this forum such a great resource.