Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Assistance with my 383 >
View Single Post
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2010, 09:22 AM
cobalt327's Avatar
cobalt327 cobalt327 is offline
Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,031
Wiki Edits: 1616

Thanks: 128
Thanked 616 Times in 565 Posts
Originally Posted by ERASER
just going to drive my car to work daily, all highway for about 15 mins. one way. I have two Intakes , an Edel Preformer & an Edel Torker 2 & a Holley 700 DP. I know I need a bigger cam & plan on going up to a 285. What intake should I go with ?
If you have to use either/or, I'd stick w/the Performer- knowing that it'll cost some top end (maybe) compared to the Torquer II.

What you should consider is an RPM or knock-off. Air Gap if you must, but I like just the RPM- although this is solely based on here-say.

You can fart around w/spacers on either one and gain (or lose) power. I'd suggest making your own, buy them at a swap meet or be prepared to shell out some coin. Open spacers can be found cheap, but the double throw-down swirly-twirly ones are $$$.
Reply With Quote