Attention Newbies!!!!! - Page 6 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2003, 03:07 PM
ya just need a bigger hammer

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

SMS!

Welcome aboard fellow Michigander.I'm originally from Michigan and lived in Muskegon (Mona Shores area)until my folks drug me off to North Carolina 18yrs ago and my grand parents lived on Railroad ave there in Spring Lake!And my brother still lives in Grand Haven.Just had to share that holler back sometime.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2003, 11:22 AM

Last photo:

Thanks.
Here's one of MANY irons in the fire:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mvc-824f.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	714  
Old 12-10-2003, 06:01 PM

Hey moby, your alternator is what keeps your (1) battery charged and (2) pretty much operates your elecrical system so your battery doesn't have to...good luck in the future with your projects!!
Old 12-10-2003, 06:19 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

SMS....now that is a sweet little Nova. Keep us filled in on the progress. Are you keeping it all original or have other plans for it? BTW...Welcome aboard people. I guess I should have mentioned that first!!!

Kevin
Old 12-14-2003, 12:15 AM

Last photo:

Well, I'm a newbie to this forum. I thought I have been here before, it looks familiar, but here goes anyways....

My name is Marc, I'm presently building a Pro Street 1940 Plymouth Coupe, I've owned it since 1984 and I tore it apart for a re-do about 4 years ago. I'm hoping to have it on the road for next summer, but I have LOTS of work to do.......
Old 12-15-2003, 04:23 AM

Newbie description

Hello All,
I'm a newbie to the site. How y'all out there? Well me I've got a 69 Volkswagon bug with close to 2500cc's chromed out with Dual 48 Webers. I run the deck lid mostly it is a lot of chrome. I started the car with a ground up when my buddy went into the Marines after we graduated High School 1996 San Diego,CA. The night before he left he hadn't sold it and I traded him a 4 foot blacklight a cd walkman and a Jerry Maguire VHS tape.. basically the junk on my back seat for the pink. I would have done a ground up on something a little more classic.. a Ford but I was 2 broke at that age to do justice to anything beyond a Volkswagon. My neighbor and HS buddies dad did a ground up on his 2 Ford 40's a Coupe and a truck. Anyway I'm off track of introducing myself. My little red has a tan leather interior and (6) Heritage Gold VDO gauges throughout with gold plated chrome on the inside and the shifter rod, e-brake, and emblemed are 24k gold plated.. that was a * of a job plating the shifter rod...chrome is easy steel well I said it already...my tranny has been geared tall on my fourth like it was a fifth for mileage and speed. The paint is red three coats with 3 clear.. all I could afford.. and I am finishing the stereo this winter with an Alpine IVA DVD Deck with the much discussed ACAP601Q 6 Farad Capacitor...old school Fosgate chrome power amps. (1) 1000 pushing a 10" Team RF Sub and (2) 500's powering the 4 sets of Kappa 60.5cs Infinity Component Speakers crammed into the hood. It's almost 2500cc ported and polished by my bud's and I but the dual 48 carbs give it the push. I'll take 99% of races to 60mph up to 30-40 mph the front's are off the ground and then 80% to 75mph but around their till 100mph if they've got anything tuned up they should and do take me...mostly my wind drag verus HP but they won't get anything off the line.. well not yet.. he he.. that's me it's nice to be here.. I'm going to work on some pictures while I'm in San Diego for the Shania Twain concert this week were my bug is.. I live in Los Angles, California.
Regards,
Jeremy

Last edited by Jon; 09-27-2004 at 03:09 AM.
Old 12-16-2003, 10:07 PM

Last photo:

Hey Red 69 Volks Sleeper, I have a 69 bug too and I also have a 89 vw jetta.

Well I'm a vw person but I also like:
Old or New School Rods 'n' Customs, Gassers,
Ed "Big Daddy" Roth, Wacky Show Cars,
Drawing and photoshopping cars, Monster Garage, Chopper Bikes, Radical Customs, Wierd, Rock and Oldies Music,
Rollercoasters, cool and wacky Modern inventions
and Loud Engines.

Well I'm a mixed breed of interest for old and new cars.

Last edited by TNTster; 12-16-2003 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-20-2003, 01:49 PM

Last photo:

Just saying hi.
I'm out of Spokane Wa.

I own 2 favorites
1964 Oldsmobile 442 (check out my website)
1972 3/4 ton Chevy Super Cheyenne

I look forward to helping some folks with Olds questions and getting a lot of useful info and help from people on this board..

Thanks
Old 12-25-2003, 12:20 AM
Evil as I wanna Be

Last journal entry: First time out in 8 months!
Last photo:

Pretty informative! I haven't had the chance to set up a photo album yet, but if you wanna see my cars, you can see them here . This seems like a really nice place to hang around.
Old 12-25-2003, 12:45 AM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

Welcome to Hotrodders.com

Howdy and a Merry Christmas to all of the new folks!!!!
Old 12-25-2003, 10:38 AM

Last photo:

We are currently running a 377 (400/350 crank) on a 1/4 mile dirt track with our open wheel modified. I was wondering if anyone has tried a 400 chevy smallblock with 327 crank in it? I was thinking long rod short stroke would really pull the RPM's and have horsepower but low on torque so it wouldn't spin the tires so bad. Traction is not our friend on the dirt tracks. Just looking for any feedback. Thanks
Old 12-30-2003, 04:47 PM
Got Ouzo for touzo

Last photo:

Got any pics of your modified dirt guy? I recently went to a chassis set-up class, which was mainly geared for the dirt guys (I run paved) the guy running it used to be a head guy for "Dirtworks" race cars, and now runs his own, just can't remember his last name, Scotty something. Anyhow I believe th 377's and 400's are the engine of choice for dirt aren't they? Just out of curiousity what style rear do you run 3 link, 4, Z-link etc. Just been looking into building my own dirt car. I think your time, and money would be better spent making the car hook, I believe a good set-up would be most beneficial.

bonuts
Old 12-30-2003, 10:48 PM

Last photo:

Bonuts my pics are too big to put on here. Or at least that's what they keep telling me everytime I try to put them on. We have a local built car......RC Motorsports......stands for Robert Crump.....open wheel dirt modified. Well built car. I took all of the leaf spring mounts off (ran very well as a stacked leaf/mono leaf with coil spring) and made it a swing-arm/Z-link. After helping local hot shoe Tim Lance with his Rayburn late model I knew this was the set-up for me. We have yet to run it as we just swapped stuff over this week. But I feel real good about it as I have some understanding after my adventures helping the no#2 in the Nation in the Nascar Short Track Series. They paid him a cool $24,000 for his efforts. Back to the motors........I like the 377 most of the time but with this swing-arm setup I should be able to handle more horses so I'm going to try a 406 until summer hits and the tracks go dry-slick. I just thought a destroked 352 might really be a screamer. Rev it to the sky and hold on. LOL I'd like to try this smaller stroke deal because I think it would really be easy to hook up and yet have enough horses with good heads and cam to still pull at the end of the straight. Just looking for some feedback.

If you choose the route of building your own car you had better have a good welder and a lot of knowledge on the suspension geometry. I've been at it 21 years and still don't have it all down. LOL
Old 12-30-2003, 10:58 PM

Last photo:

Here it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gibson2web.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	913  
Old 01-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Got Ouzo for touzo

Last photo:

Very nice. Love the look of the modifieds. In the next two years I plan on racing a late model, or with the IMCA mods. Even looked into a legends car. Instead of building my own car we might just buy a used chassis out of the US to start on. I currently run a Hobby Stock, or Sportsman to some class up here. With a few races in a Late Model.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/cbkspeedway/

our track stuff is here, mines the 81 car.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.