Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - ATTN: IROC-Z owners and former owners...
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project89 View Post
a ssomone who had one for a first car, i would say it is not a good first car
#1 they suck in the rain or any bad weather
#2 enough power to get into some serious trouble with
#3 they fold up like an accordian if u crash them

my first car was an 87 iroc with the 305/5 speed combo lots of fun and great car but i got in alot of trouble with that car and had lot of very close calls with it

if u do do gears get a set of 3:42 or 3:73's max, though id have to check what the 305 came with i know the 350 cars would be either 2:72 or 3:23 not sure of the 305 cars were the same

is the rpo sticker still under the center console lid ? if so take a picture of it and i can tell u what gears and suspension options the car has

I agree with not giving this car to your daughter...I'm sure she's a great kid but so was and is my son. In 1998 I bought him his first car. I was a 1979 Pontiac Lemans, 4 door, 305 4bbl ran like a champ. I paid $300 for the car and got it so cheap because the rust on the doors was horrific. They would flap in the wind while driving. So of course he wanted me to fix them. Me being the good father I am I agreed and immediately got 4 pairs of sweat sock, 4 hockey sticks and as much fiberglass in a can that I could find. My son looked at me and asked what I was doing, I told him that i was going to to a quick fix and not spend a bunch of time or money to fix the car. I got the paint for free (I was a factory rep at the time) and 2 days later at 10:30 at night he got the car. At 10:58 I got a phone call telling me that my son was involved in an accident and it was his fault and could I please come and remove my sweat socks from the intersection. He made a left turn on a red light and took out the passenger side rear door.

OK the sweat socks and hockey sticks aren't true but the rest is. I did a cheap repair because I new my son was not going to keep the car in pristine condition very long. I made him fix the car himself and he drove it all through high school and his second year of University.

He learned what I already knew.

Just a story of my experience with kids and cars. i have a few more about that car involving burnouts, myself and greasy hands I'll have to tell you sometime.

By the way, nice looking stereo in the Camaro...bonus.

Ray