Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - ATTN: IROC-Z owners and former owners...
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 08:30 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by novafreek6872 View Post
You two guys know WAAAAY too much about Third Gens...GO OUTSIDE ONCE IN AWHILE!!! Haha...J/K
3rdgens = my favorite cars , like i said ive owned over a dozen lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by novafreek6872 View Post
Good thing I dont have to worry about my steering box ripping out of the frame horn ! Ummm shouldnt ALL the cars have THAT one???
the steering braces is also known as a wonder bar and they work great they really stiffen up the front end and make the steering much nicer.
they did not come on all the cars.

if ur under the front of the car its the brace/bar thats bolted in above the sway bar

btw if u plan on driving this thing a decent bit u need to keep a couple 5/8's heater hose caps and a section of 5/8's heater hose in the trunk

the heater control valve is plastic on these cars and they love to break at the worst times leaving u on the side of the road with a huge coolant leak ,stupid gm put them right above the ex manifolds were they get heated and cooled so they become very brittle

on every last one of my cars i remove it if its still there and in the winter plumb it so the heater core gets water, then in the summer i bypass the heater core. ive had about 5 break on me lol

anothe roption is to get one off a gm g-body car as they are metal and not plastic