Hot Rod Forum banner

August Art Contest "Woody's" Anything Goes Any Style

27K views 63 replies 18 participants last post by  68NovaSS 
#1 ·
Last month the artists took to their media and challeneged themselves again, this month is a NOTE !! 1 Month contest ending on August 26th allowing for 5 days of voting when polls close automatically. This months "Vehicle Of Choice" by both Rat Rod Studios and Fortypickup is "Woody's" any style, Anything goes format. All forms of art are welcome.

This contest is pure fun, nothing but extending your talents and showcasing your own ingenious ideas to share with others. Please have fun, if in case of a tie, first to post wins in the order submitted.

See less See more
#52 ·
Not an entry... but a related project. :)

I had a job delayed, so I spent a week working on a related art piece. The plan is to put cars and people on the beach. I may add a woody... or a car with a board on the roof... some breaking waves, and a surfer going head over heels. I will also write some words in the sand. like sun, fun, friends, dance, love, sing or play... to "sell" the "Life is a beach" theme.

Enjoy.

Attachments

#54 ·
Thanks. Usually I am held captive by a customers vision. On this one, I have the "helm"... at least for now.

If I sell it to a customer, it may require changing the plan... as I can put them and their toys in the picture.

Otherwise, I'll post it whenever work in the shop slows down and I have time to finish it.

Here it is with some paper cutouts to serve as a visial aid. :)

Attachments

#58 ·
TucsonJay said:
Thanks. Usually I am held captive by a customers vision. On this one, I have the "helm"... at least for now.

If I sell it to a customer, it may require changing the plan... as I can put them and their toys in the picture.

Otherwise, I'll post it whenever work in the shop slows down and I have time to finish it.

Here it is with some paper cutouts to serve as a visial aid. :)

Really nice work! I did a board for a friend last year. I was instructed to paint it according to his detailed instructions. I would rather have artistic "license" when doing something like this.

Attachments

#59 ·
brickyardboy said:
Really nice work! I did a board for a friend last year. I was instructed to paint it according to his detailed instructions. I would rather have artistic "license" when doing something like this.
Nice job on yours too! I hate to hijack the thread, but....

Here is one I did for one of my street rod customers, who lived in California. Health problems stopped his surfing... but he wanted to keep one of his boards on display. The gal on the board is his wife. :)

Attachments

#60 ·
TucsonJay said:
Nice job on yours too! I hate to hijack the thread, but....

Here is one I did for one of my street rod customers, who lived in California. Health problems stopped his surfing... but he wanted to keep one of his boards on display. The gal on the board is his wife. :)
I think I know her...but didn't recognize her at first with those beads on her... ;)

#63 ·
Yes it was terrible Kenmo, We were out for some time and believe it or not, it was a simple mistake of them switching grids on our power supply to make sure the grocery store was on their generator. They inadvertantly never turned our grid back on and it took days for them to get us powered back up, nothing was ever wrong with our lines.

When they shut off the power I got a pretty decent surge to the motherboard and took out a capacitor, but had one available to replace it but not until we got power back of course. All seems to be OK with it now.

Thanks for thinking of me.

And Thanks all of you again for awesome artwork, this month rocked.

#64 ·
hkestes said:
Not mine, but an Orthodontist's front desk in which I think is cool as all get out.

Here is a link to ******************showing the rest of his office. Almost makes me want to go get braces. :D
Sorry, that link went to a "money web site" (HAMB membership login/registration), not a dentist office.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.