August's "Rust Is A Must" Rat Rods Hotrodders Art Contest Begins Now - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2009, 08:02 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet4x4s
Nope,they were my entrys, but you do nice work no need to remove them.
Just kind of hit me the wrong way at the time,but didnt have the full story,misunderstandings happen,generally I dont care as long is permission is asked for,permission grated .

Shane
Thanks for the permissions use Shane, I was assuming when I posted that part others may have some more ideas of what a rat rod, or rust rod is supposed to be, not quite my forte' at this point, my apologies also for not being more informative with that.

With that being said, most members don't take into consideration of the use of images and copyrights. ne you have made an image taken a picture and so forth, you own the copyright and for the most part it can get into a bad situation where the image is used in advertising without the owners permission, been there already with my images and friends.

I try and make sure in the final selections that all people involved get credits and usage thanks if possible.

My apologies to all for that mistake at first.

Sincerley Mark

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2009, 08:05 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

BTW guys, the contest is ending in around 6 more days so get them in soon, we're missing some major players this month, and hope they have time to be part of this, the indexing of images on the net is working well and many are showing up strong in the search engines under images and this thread name "hotrodders art contest" if you type it in google search like that.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:31 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

ooh, ooh, Heres a couple more if you guys need some ideas. I wish you guys luck.I hope I can enter the next one This is fun stuff.And I'll be wanting a poster of the winner for the shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5412 (Small).jpg
Views:	106
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	40148   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5417 (Small).jpg
Views:	104
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	40149   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5534 (Small).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	40150   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5581 (Small).jpg
Views:	109
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	40151   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6197 (Small).jpg
Views:	99
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	40152  

Old 08-21-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Racing

DANG,she's fast I respect that in a woman...Does she do rockers? I just love Rock n roll ...Heavy metal too
Old 08-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

My Entry ....

Not sure if we're all on the same page as to what a Rat Rod is ...... I guess it's open to interpretation, but to me it's more than just a rusty car. I think there are a lot of factors that make up a Rat Rod as well as I think it's a culture in it's own way.

This ride is one of the more radical Rat Rods I've seen ... the guys on the HAMB hated it, but I think it deserves some attention. I have re-touched this photo before, but came up with a new and different look for this months contest. Creature art by Ceiron. http://ceiron.deviantart.com/ Hope you like the artwork for this month ..... good luck to all. Looks like another great month of artwork.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:37 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Corvette
Not sure if we're all on the same page as to what a Rat Rod is ...... I guess it's open to interpretation, but to me it's more than just a rusty car. I think there are a lot of factors that make up a Rat Rod as well as I think it's a culture in it's own way.

This ride is one of the more radical Rat Rods I've seen ... the guys on the HAMB hated it, but I think it deserves some attention. I have re-touched this photo before, but came up with a new and different look for this months contest. Creature art by Ceiron. http://ceiron.deviantart.com/ Hope you like the artwork for this month ..... good luck to all. Looks like another great month of artwork.
I knida was under the same interprutation as you were with the styles, some are really nice and some are total shambles or the mix in between of all these combined, the no billet, no nice paint, styles come to mind for me at least.

Keep up the good stuff guys !!
Old 08-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

The guys at the HAMB can be kind of brutal about cars they don't like ....... I've never been critical of the way a guy builds his ride. Sometimes you like it and sometimes you don't. The way a guy puts a car together is his own style.... much like the artwork we see here. ( and I think cars are works of art ) This particular Rat Rod may not be well liked by most hotrodders ....... but I guarantee you when he drives by, heads turn.

Hope to see more uploaded before the contest is over ... how you doing with yours Mark?
Old 08-21-2009, 02:30 PM

I posted some rusty cars,they arent rat rods just a base for ideas to create a rat rod ...... mabee a good idea for the next one is vote on one car to use and everybody does there thing to it... then we vote on the best or coolest design because rat rods are built with what you got to work with... it seems only fair everyone starts with the same car so the playing field is level for instance no matter what you do to a pinto a 32 ford will be everyone's favorite,even with very little done to it......I want to vote on talent...
Old 08-21-2009, 02:37 PM

SCREW H.A.M.B. They are the ones doing 35 down the interstate giving everyone the finger that passes them. They even clean their engine blocks with moleasses...talk about sloooooooooooow before anyone says anything ...I'm a member check out "whats the best way to clean a block" those guys got so much time on thier hands they dont know what to do with themselves so they screw with people....

Last edited by deadbodyman; 08-21-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:04 PM

I found it!!!!!! check out "Greg Baum's 1919 Willy's T ratrod" at streetfire.net....It's the coolest one I've ever seen,and I've seen a lot
Old 08-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
I found it!!!!!! check out "Greg Baum's 1919 Willy's T ratrod" at streetfire.net....It's the coolest one I've ever seen,and I've seen a lot
Can you give us the link to the photo .......
Old 08-21-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Corvette
Can you give us the link to the photo .......
Well I tried but its on my profile at streetfire just look up "deadbodyman" then go to "my favorite vidios"at the bottom of my profile ,theres a bunch on there so hit "view all" at top right if you can find a link let me know how you did it cause I got a lot of stuff over there to share but I'm an IDIOT!! on this dagum computor thing...Also "16yr old hotrodder" is a great one, the kid already built two rat rods and just got his licence,the next Chip Foose
Old 08-21-2009, 11:03 PM

Last photo:

Here is a new entry that is more of the Rat Rod style you are looking for.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graffiti rat rod.jpg
Views:	3125
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	40172  
Old 08-22-2009, 09:00 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
Well I tried but its on my profile at streetfire just look up "deadbodyman" then go to "my favorite vidios"at the bottom of my profile ,theres a bunch on there so hit "view all" at top right if you can find a link let me know how you did it cause I got a lot of stuff over there to share but I'm an IDIOT!! on this dagum computor thing...Also "16yr old hotrodder" is a great one, the kid already built two rat rods and just got his licence,the next Chip Foose
Found your link. Checked out some of your vids. Cool stuff.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/G...s-T_164592.htm
Old 08-22-2009, 11:18 AM

Rodder 18,you've been so helpful I really hate to ask but PLEEEEEZE....How did you do it???? I owe you big time you have no idea,I've been couped up in this dang house for three weeks now,at first I was going out of my mind ,I'm not used to being away from my shop.between you and this thread the time is almost over,Im hooked on the photo shop,you'll see on the next contest..I'll enter whatever POS I can accomplish no matter how bad even if it's just a box with 4 circles(a car) now I've got a bigger problem though....I dont want to go back to the shop I just want to play with this stuff...ALL DAY...,I hope I get over it....So.. ..what can "I " do for you???????I'll pm you so theres no need to respond,thank you all

Last edited by deadbodyman; 08-22-2009 at 11:25 AM.

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.