Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - auto body repair? would you do it again
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Automotive Extraordinaire

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I should also add that I worked with my dad until I saved up the money to go out on my own. It is a bit more stressful and there is more to keep up with, but I wouldn't change it for anything. IF you can do bodywork and metal repair/fabrication or learn to do so, instead of being a school trained parts changer, you will be in high demand because a lot of parts are not available for some older cars and have to be made. There are a lot of people who can buy and change parts, but very few that have the talent and ability to actually repair something. There are several very skilled people on this forum and a wealth of knowledge to be gained from them. I try to learn something everyday when I log on. Always be willing to learn and remember that there is always someone who has done more than you, better than you have done it. One last word of advice, even though the customer may not own the car forever your name will be on the work forever, so always do work and repairs that you can be proud of and that will last for years to come. It only takes one bad job to ruin your reputation. Best of luck if you decide to go this route.

Kelly
The Following User Says Thank You to carolinacustoms For This Useful Post:
tech69 (01-09-2013)