Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - auto body repair? would you do it again
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I just re read my above post and decided it may be a little out of line. I believe Brian is correct that the skilled auto body tech will always have a job. There will always be a need for intelligent skilled people who can work with their hands. That will apply to many trades whether they are body men, trimmers, plumbers or carpenters. Years ago it was an apprentice's dream to learn a trade and someday own a business of his own. It is just so difficult for a small business owner to overcome the costs and regulations of doing business and have enough left to pay for health insurance and all the other expenses. I am very skeptical of what the future holds for a small business owners. I told a friend not too long ago who owns his own business, "I admire you but I sure don't envy you".

I was practically a high school drop out. Joined the Navy at 17 and was blessed to have worked for 2 large companies and retire from both. Not many young men without a college degree will be as blessed as I have been. In the years to come good jobs with benefits will become harder and harder to find.

John L