Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - auto darkening welding helmets
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 06:23 AM
Crazy Ole Ironhead

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldred
I looked at a Kobalt auto dark helmet at Lowes and they had a flame design model that looks an awful lot like the HF helmet including the lens, IIRC it was $119.99. Has anyone compared this Lowes helmet to the one from HF? I intend to if I can get back over to the HF store anytime soon but just looking at the one at Lowes it sure looks like what I remembered that HF flame helmet to look like, except for that price!

Whether it is the same or not they both are in-store brands from China and although the shell may be some different (it might not too) I am thinking the lens is the same thing.
I don't think they are,i'm working a local nuclear power plant right now building two new units and the big hire in just starting,boilermakers,pipefitters,ironworkers..etc ,and i am seeing about ALL kinds of auto hoods on this job including the Kobalt series hoods,a few of us was comparing hoods on some downtime one day and the kobalt lens looked a little bit like the HF lens in person but could tell they were totaly different manufacturers